FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:27:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: hr disk front and keep the grey  (Read 3762 times)
ejute

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2002, 12:37:17 AM »

I'm thinking of fitting a hr disk frontend in my EJ and keep the grey motor are there any known problems with doing this?Apart from the front engine mount.

I know it's not a fe or fc but I have asked this question on other lists with little feedback.

I guess most people change to a red motor when doing this conversion but my old grey banger is still running OK and I would only like to improve the braking for now.

Instead of changing the whole cross member is it possible to just change the control arms(wishbones) etc.
or is this more trouble than it's worth, I may go to a red motor at a later date so anyway........Thanks

Mark
FCwagon
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2002, 12:50:30 AM »

Hi Mark,
I had the same set up on my FC to start with. You will need to fit the whole HR crossmember though & weld the front outrigger on from and ej for the front engine mounting. You can leave the red motor engine mounts attached to the crossmember for use with a red later on as they don't get in the way of anything with a grey.
It's a good idea to fit the HR brakes to the rear as well or you will need to fit a line pressure proportioning valve as the FC rear cylinders are a lot bigger than HR & you'll get them locking up. Hope this helps.
cheers,
Leigh

Red & white is alright
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2002, 12:51:54 AM »

ejute,

It can be done, and it's no big deal.  My Dad's FC had HR F/E discs + grey until I blew the grey up Embarrassed

Have a read of this thread: http://www.fefcholden.org.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=hotup;action=display;num=1023107889,
and also check out the Early Holden Garage article here: http://members.ozemail.com.au/~mykell/garage.html#disc

Hope that helps,

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2002, 04:30:01 AM »

;)HI ejute and FCWAGON  
  You might as well cut the red motor mounts off if the front crossmember has come directly out of a HR as they have to be moved to the back of the crossmember to accomodate a red motor into a FE-EH.
Hope this helps.
Regards ACE Cool :
« Last Edit: August 24, 2002, 04:43:36 AM by ACE » Logged
ejute

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2002, 06:30:43 PM »

So the grey motor sump fits in OK with the hr crossmember and steering arms etc.
Cheers

Mark
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2002, 07:57:31 AM »

Wink YEP!
  ACE Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...