FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:31:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: New rear axle for my FC  (Read 2268 times)
ChrisF
« on: April 03, 2002, 12:58:59 AM »

I'm looking to put a new rear axle in the FC (had a few problems with the original one).
I was thinking about an EH-HR axle.
I know the brake lines enter on the other side of the axle, but are there any other problems/mods that will affect the replacement?
Such as the driveshaft, can i swap the diff from the FC into the new axle so the driveshaft will fit in without any problems?
And width, any change in the width of the axle?

Thanks for any help.
Chris.
58wagon
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2002, 11:33:44 AM »

Your diff and axles casings are virtually fully interchangeable bit by bit.  An EH housing needs EH axles and brake sets, but the track is identical.  You cannot successfully mix EH brakes at one end and FC at the other, so if you haven't done so yet you'll need to change the front end as well.  You can use the FC wishbones and change out everything wheel-side without removing the crossmember.

The rear springs are no problem either.  You can swap diff banjos right through to the 70s to choose the best ratio.  I don't even remember having to do much to the brake lines other than fitting an adaptor to suit the smaller diameter threads, and I thought the lines were on the same side.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: