FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:04:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Motorex - NSW Club Stand now with PICS!!!  (Read 12149 times)
craiga
« on: June 30, 2005, 01:31:22 AM »

As in past years the NSW club will be putting a display on at Motorex (http://www.motorex.com.au/syd_show.html). The stand will include the display of five club cars and an information booth where we will be promoting the club and its activities to the general public. Lots of effort has gone into the planning of the stand so if you are in Sydney drop in and say hello. The stand has a theme of a car yard from the late 50's/early 60's with lots of period advertising.

Show Dates:[/u]

Day 1: Saturday 2nd July 2005
Day 2: Sunday 3rd July 2005

Show Times:[/u]

Saturday - 10.00am - 8.00pm
Sunday - 9.00am - 6.00pm

Show Location:[/u]

Main Exhibition Halls of Sydney Showground
Sydney Olympic Park
Homebush Bay, Sydney

Admission:[/u]

Adults - $18.00

Cars to be displayed are:
  • Geoff Klimpsch - Stock FE Business Sedan
  • Glenn Russell - Modified FC Wagon
  • Ted Lowe - Stock FC Van
  • Richard Thomas - Stock FE Sedan
  • Stuart Dinka - Stockish FC Ute

If you can't make it don't worry, I'll make sure there is a report and pictures for all to see.

Cheers,

Craig Alderson
Publicity Officer
FE FC Holden Car Club of NSW
« Last Edit: July 03, 2005, 09:56:27 AM by custom_fc » Logged
Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 07:32:27 PM »

Craig
       Sadly I wont being making down, but am sure that your pics will be just as good as always.

Cheers
Sarge

P.S This is what the QLD clud needs to do up the end of the world.

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 10:14:07 AM »

Spent the some time on the club stand today along with many other members. Here are some pics of what is IMHO our great club stand.

Here's the secret to why our stand was so popular......Geoff's attractive FE.

Regards
Alex

colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005, 10:25:12 AM »

Hey, Alex, great pics. Can I have one too? By the way, like the shirts. Great stand, you guys.
Colin

colt
craiga
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2005, 10:39:03 AM »

Forget the shirt - I want the chicks ;-)

Big congratulations to John Rap, Gary Claypole, and everyone else who helped with the stand.

Oh, and my mate Ted for the burnt toasted sandwiches - gotta love the car club.

Cheers,

Craig
« Last Edit: July 03, 2005, 10:46:35 PM by craiga » Logged
normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2005, 01:01:36 PM »

Congrats Guyzz
   What a GREAT stand , wish I was still in Sydney sometimes  :-/   credit to all those involved .

Norm  Smiley

Hey Alex , did your camera get "stuck" in  the one spot , glad it did , Very nice young ladies  Grin  "Very classy" Oh! the cars look good too  Cool

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2005, 08:51:51 PM »

Yeh,
Congatulations to all involved the stand looks "tops". And with those Wynns chicks it just adds that extra dimension,if you know what I mean. All the cars look great.Best stand there if you ask me.
Thanks for the great pics Alex.
Cheers,
Graham
Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2005, 01:37:35 AM »

HI
I would like to also thank all those who put in a great effort and a lot of time to put in a top display
WELL DONE
Ted thank you also for those nice toasted sandwiches.
WAYNE
Dr_Terry

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2005, 05:38:27 AM »

Hi Guys.

Congratulations to the NSW club for winning the best stand trophy at the Motorex.

For those that didn't make it to Motorex, you can see from the pics why it won.

Dr Terry.
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2005, 10:22:14 AM »

Hey, Alex, great pics. Can I have one too? By the way, like the shirts. Great stand, you guys.
Colin

Col, those shirts had a lot to do with our winning the prize this year.  Not just for their obvious and demonstrated sartorial elegance Roll Eyes but because they gave us a uniform, and made it obvious who the people on the stand were who belonged there.

The pics do show what a great stand we put on this year - by far and away our best ever.  But the prize for the MotorEx Best Club Display is only partially about the best static display of vehicles.  There are plenty of clubs out there who seem to think like this: "OK.  We've got 150m2 of floor space.  The site will only cost $10 per vehicle if we can jam 12 cars in there."  That is true, but you wind up with a vehicle display that might as well just be the cars on the perimeter, since you can't walk through it, and often the cars are chained off anyway.

The other crucial mistake that other clubs make is leaving the tumbleweeds to blow through their stand.  The secret of success at MotorEx is to have your club members visible, answering questions and assisting the public.  We have a roster that we expect our members to adhere to: you get in for free (we arrange tickets for our rostered "staff"), and you are expected to man the stand for about 2.5 hours, then you're free to wander the halls and check out the rest of the show.  During your shift, you are there to answer questions about the club and/or the cars, and make the public feel welcome to look at them.  This is our 4th year at MotorEx, and we have never chained our vehicles off - having club members around is all the security that is required.

So we've put on a great display of cars and what our club's all about.  We've put in some hard work but had a great time planning the stand and putting it together.  Hopefully we'll get some new members out of it.  We can also find some good uses for the prize-money... Grin

Even though this was a combined effort by many committed club members, I'd like to thank the people who really made this happen:
- John Rap, for managing the project and doing most of the running around to bring it all together.  John put in an enormous amount of time and diligence to make this year's event so successful;
- Gary (zulu) and son Ben for providing a lot of the display equipment and material, and assisting with the construction and eventual demolition of the site;
- Geoff_K for his efforts in planning and laying out the stand on paper for us, as well as supplying his car;
- Ted Lowe, for manning the stand most of the weekend, as well as providing all the electrical equipment and setup, and one of the cars - a huge effort;
- Glenn (FC-V8 ), for loaning us his car for the display, less than a week after he finally got it registered, when I'm sure he would much rather have been driving it around all weekend and enjoying it;
- Stewart (mad_ozi_hunter) for letting us use his daily driver for the weekend;
- Fast_Eddie for donating the flooring material;
- Siggy,who helped put the stand together, pull it down again and man it on the Saturday in between;
- Steven Macdonald, who as always came good with the loan of a huge flat-screen TV and video for our presentation;
- everyone who gave their time to man the stand over the weekend.  Jeez I hope I haven't forgotten anyone :-/

The sense of common purpose and pride in our club that this event fosters in my mind makes the whole thing so worthwhile.  There really hasn't been an event in Sydney to showcase Car Clubs since the demise of the Yennora Woolsheds Show in the 80s, and we are grateful to the organisers of Meguiars MotorEx for the opportunity to participate.

Well done guys.

cheers
RET

[ Edit: I knew I'd miss someone, it's always a risk when you start naming names....  List of thanks updated to include Ed S. ]
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 11:05:50 PM by ret » Logged

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2005, 07:27:06 PM »

Absolutely awesome guys! Wish I'd been able to attend  Cry

Yeah, I think it was the shirts that made the difference  Grin

Cheers,

Graham
SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2005, 08:00:09 PM »

Did I see this car on the Great Western Hwy at Parramatta on Friday morning?... driving downj to Motorex maybe?

Too cool  Grin

graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2005, 09:02:10 PM »

Let me just echo Richards congratulations and thankyous to all involved.A great result.
Cheers,
Graham
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2005, 11:12:59 PM »

Did I see this car on the Great Western Hwy at Parramatta on Friday morning?... driving downj to Motorex maybe?

Too cool  Grin

I was on the M4 around lunchtime, en route to MotorEx.  If it was the Great Western Highway it must have been someone else.  There aren't any other single-tone blue FEs (road-going, anyway) in the club AFAIK.

I'll take the credit though Grin  Thanks, glad you like it.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Hewart
nsw-club

Model: FC

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2005, 02:56:22 AM »

First class effort boys...!!!!!!!!
The stand looks great! Excellent signs, posters, and cars...!!
You've set the bar pretty high for next year though Wink

Congratulations to everyone involved!!!!!

Cheers
Les...

julius
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2005, 03:34:45 AM »

Hi Guys

Moter ex was great and as I was their it was an overwlming houner to see you all in those nats shirts. It was also great catching up with you guys and I really appreciate the hospitality and generosity you all extended to me.

Congradulations on winning best display it was well disirved.

Julius
GMH-O57(FLASH BACK 57)
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2005, 04:19:35 AM »

pics would be nice if any one took any as my camera was more an out door camera n pics where dark so didnt bother

SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2005, 06:58:46 AM »

I was on the M4 around lunchtime, en route to MotorEx.  If it was the Great Western Highway it must have been someone else.  There aren't any other single-tone blue FEs (road-going, anyway) in the club AFAIK.

I'll take the credit though Grin  Thanks, glad you like it.

cheers
RET

hey Ret, I was travelling the other way and only just caught it out of the corner of my eye... can't tell you the colour, though it was a medium light colour with whitrewalls.

NascoHunter
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2005, 04:58:21 PM »

Well done guys,
                  The display looked great from the pic's you all should pat yourselve on the back you have done a fine job for the promotion of the FE/FC club of NSW and Australia.
 Keep up the team work
    Regards Tony Galea.
Lindsay58

Old Holden's keep holding on.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2005, 12:24:46 AM »

well done to all who were involved it was a great displayand a great show we make the trip up from the south coast each year just to see the show and club display  well done eveyone  lindsay58
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: