FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:57:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Wollongong - Help with getting crossmember to a depot  (Read 2696 times)
Splod

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2012, 06:27:24 PM »

Hi
I'm in need of help! I bought a HR crossmember on ebay with the intention of having a mate bring it back in his ute. (It's in Wollongong - I'm in Mildura ,NW Vic) However he came back early (without it) and now I am having trouble getting the parts to a depot for transport to Mildura. I tried SmartSend, but they want to use a forklift or tail lift truck to load it at the delivery address which adds about $150 to the already slightly expensive freight ($135). It is the crossmember (clean) with the control arms and discs detached, so it could break into three parcels. 
Is there anyone who could pick it up from the seller (nice guy by the way) and maybe help arrange freight to Mildura for me? I am willing to pay for your assistance in the matter. It gets a bit hard to do much when you're 1100kms away and I feel pretty useless at this end. The seller said I can leave it at his place for a few weeks if need be. Any offers or advice?
Cheers
Splod

Mildura, Vic, 3500
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 09:54:45 AM »

Have you tried e-go.com.au ? I had an LPG tank shipped from Melbourne to Adelaide for a reasonable price and it was quite weighty.

Splod

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 05:30:16 PM »

Have you tried e-go.com.au ? I had an LPG tank shipped from Melbourne to Adelaide for a reasonable price and it was quite weighty.
eg-com.au seems to be the best way to proceed. Someone else also suggested them and I am currently in the process of trying to organise it with them. I'll let you know how it goes.
Thank you for you input.
Cheers
Splod

Mildura, Vic, 3500
Splod

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 01:33:58 PM »

Sorted!
Thanks to all the people who suggested/offered help.
I ended up going with e-go.com.au  Not the cheapest but seemed the easiest for the situation.
Thanks again, this forum is invaluable to me.
Splod

Mildura, Vic, 3500
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: