FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:49:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 60   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FCRB30 Wagon  (Read 666920 times)
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 06, 2013, 10:27:43 AM »

Yeah, I cant wait to see the solar lights!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes How about a bonnet emblem with a light in it powered by solar. Wink Cheesy Cheesy
   Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 06, 2013, 02:21:47 PM »

I can get solar LED's  Huh

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 07, 2013, 02:12:07 PM »

Went to Ipswich today and picked up my goodies, the ceramic coating on the extractors looks great so glad i didn't just paint them now, I was looking forward to putting the manifold together but  nobody stocks injector seal kits so i'm going to have to be patient and wait.

Pedro

F4+
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 07, 2013, 03:10:05 PM »

wow mate, such a change in your attitude from being "satisfied" to being "totally satisfied" and doing things how you really like. They look awesome. So much so that I am going to look into who does this stuff in the area. The forum always throws up things and helps people go in the right direction, which hopefully is better quality and safety.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 07, 2013, 03:52:49 PM »

Pedro

That looks fantastic.  Cool Cool
It is amazing how much heat they keep in. Shocked Shocked

Cheers

Craig D
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: June 07, 2013, 04:41:12 PM »

I might try insulative paint on the roof of my shed, except in reverse before the sheets go on.

Deano

FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #926 on: June 07, 2013, 06:20:51 PM »

Pedro any mechanic shop that cycles injectors will have them they are a standard thing.

Looks fantastic..

Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 07, 2013, 06:42:22 PM »

The ceramic does do a great job. Now your talking with some bling Grin

Regards

Wayne b
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: June 12, 2013, 09:55:20 AM »

Pedro any mechanic shop that cycles injectors will have them they are a standard thing

Unfortunately i bought some off e-bay before i read this, highly unlikely the local blokes would have any anyway really that's the only disadvantage to living in a one horse town.

Now your talking with some bling

I love bling Grin i've always chromed lots of stuff on the bikes i've built over the years, the old girls going to look as flash as a rat with a gold tooth Wink Grin Grin
    Pedro

F4+
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 12, 2013, 10:43:22 AM »

Where did u see that.... Huh the rat that is Cheesy

Deano

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #930 on: June 12, 2013, 06:49:20 PM »

Hi, I was thinking of your dilemma with the injectors and now you will be kicking yourself regarding your setup choice (especially after u hear my budget idea). Shocked  Tongue Cry I was doing some research and came up with a very good idea if you still have your grey laying around. I thought if you use these turbo's all you will need to do is run blow through adapter on the 3 strommy manifold and there you have. You could run a big alternator and twin dry batteries, with the solar  Huh Roll Eyes Wink Grin and it should work perfectly! It will also run the bling lights in the back.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ELECTRIC-TURBO-SUPERCHARGER-KIT-UNIVERSAL-FIT-RIDE-ON-MOWER-/121093053348?pt=AU_Lawnmowers&hash=item1c31b55ba4

What do you think? Bloody ingenious. I am looking into an engineers cert for the ride on..... Huh.... Roll Eyes...... Cheesy Cheesy

Deano

pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: June 26, 2013, 04:05:50 PM »

Went over the paint shop today and fitted the extractors and manifold, thought i'd better do it before the guards go on so i don't scratch them, the crap everywhere is just bog dust.

He now has nearly everything straightened and in two pack primer so it should only be a week or so till she's done Grin Grin Grin

It's a bit hard to see but i also got him to roll the lip on the guard so it won't catch on the tyre.

Pedro

F4+
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #932 on: June 26, 2013, 04:08:31 PM »

Very pretty..

close now..

pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: June 26, 2013, 04:19:05 PM »

Been thinking about one of these aftermarket throttle bodies as they are a lot better looking than the original, they come in 65, 70 and 80 mm. sizes, they don't have the bit on the bottom for water flow but that could be bypassed, i gather it isn't necessary or it would have it, what's you opinion Pete being the resident RB expert.
  Pedro

F4+
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: June 26, 2013, 04:20:45 PM »

Forgot the pic.

Pedro

F4+
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #935 on: June 26, 2013, 04:41:45 PM »

Xf falcon was  always a good one to use ill see if I threw the modified maninold I had for a xf one.

Too late anyway allready made your intake pipe  Grin
Gts cam is a better bang for buck .
They are sold as a series 2  or skyline silhouette cam

pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 26, 2013, 04:58:23 PM »

I was thinking of it more for looks than power Pete the original one is hard to polish up as it has lots of ribs and nooks and crannies, the intake pipe would still fit up to the rubber adaptor wouldn't it, I suppose the $170 would be better spent on something more important at the moment anyway though.
Thanks for making the intake pipe for me mate let me know how much and i'll do a direct deposit with the dough for the other bits you've sent too.
   Pedro

F4+
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 26, 2013, 05:02:06 PM »

All good pedro i just have to weld on the flange for the plug lead holster.

pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 01, 2013, 02:50:30 PM »

Got most of my chrome back today the steel stuff is great but they have been having a lot of trouble with the die cast stuff, I get the feeling they haven't done a lot of it as there are still some sections that look a little lumpy like they haven't been grinding the old stuff out properly.

Pedro

F4+
fasteddyfc

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: July 01, 2013, 03:24:50 PM »

Hey pedro, looking good mate you are getting close.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did all the chrome work cost(looks like just about everything except grill)?? I would like to get all my chrome done but have heard I won't get any change from 6-7 g from our local guy, would love to know if I can get a quality job done a lot cheaper.

Cheers
Ed
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 60   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: