FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 15, 2024, 03:31:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: windscreen wiper motor info on replacement for FC  (Read 1667 times)
Ben Ainley
« on: July 28, 2001, 12:00:00 PM »

I have recently purchased an FC and it has a doggy electric wiper motor rigged up to the origional linkages. (Not successfully)  I understand that an EK wiper motor may fit.  Any info about how this may be fitted, or,  if there is any other suggestion about how to improve wet weather visibility in this vehicle...thanks in advance
Richard
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2001, 12:00:00 PM »

An EK unit is a bolt on single-speed electric wiper alternative to the vacuum original, although obviously it requires some wiring and a switch.  Other units that fit include XP Falcon and (I think) early Magna.  How simple the change-over is for you depends on how much work on your car needs to be undone.
Ken McLean can convert an EK single speed to a two-speed wiper unit for a very reasonable price.  Email ken@vic.fefcholden.org.au
Hope that helps RET
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: