FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:11:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: brake booster  (Read 2679 times)
neil armstrong
« on: June 20, 2002, 08:24:27 AM »

Hi all
I was wondering what is the best brake booster to put on my FC.  I have already got as VH 40 booster mounted under my front gaurd but i was hoping to convert to dual circuit brakes. I have been told a master cylinder and booster from a VN commodore has enough clearence and will bolt straight up to my firewall. Has anyone done this before, what other work is involved to use a dual circuit brake system.
Thanks Neil.
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2002, 09:02:47 AM »

hey neil, several months ago i bought an fc sedan with an hr disc brake front end and a commodore disc brake diff already fitted, however the car was fitted with a booster and master cylinder from a v8 hk holden. ( the booster is huge)  i have since switched to a booster and dual circut master cylinder from a vh commodore (4 wheel disc) the booster is alot smaller in size and will mount to your firewall but it seems the travel from the pedal to the booster on the commodore is about 10mm shorter than the hk so either build a new bracket, or as i am doing cut the commodore booster- firewall bracket down 10 mm shorter. and weld a new plate on the end.
and re-drill the holes. (easy) Grin
also the mounting bolts on the booster for the master cylinder are located diagonally, these are the only hiccups i can see but the car is still several months away from driving...
this is all new to me, first rebuild 18 years..... Wink
hope it is some help
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: