FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 16, 2024, 03:23:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Servicing  (Read 11344 times)
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2003, 10:24:49 AM »

Hi Again Everyone

Well my baby Has arrived, be it late but better than never.

I only picked her up this afternoon after many phone calls and searching, I found out she was delivered to another depot and was ready for pickup 3 days ago.  Angry
Any way I had to drive the poor old girl from brissy airport to Ipswich. (15 yrs in a shed) I nearly had her towed. I took my time and she handled it ok. I need to do some work on the brakes and clutch.

My first impressions of her, bare in mind this is the first time I have layed eyes on her for real, "Gee I have some work to do". First turn of the key and she started, "that impressed me".

""I think I am In Love"" and only after our first date. she purred like a kitten and by the time I hit the cunningham hwy the brakes had freed up the temp guage dropped and I was cruizin at about 90 (KPH not MPH). I know this coz my sweet loving wife followed me all the way home. I think she was more excited than me.

Any way thats enough for now, I will wash her in the morning and take some pic's

See you all tommorow.

Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2004, 11:24:13 AM »

Alright Jim
Found this chestnut, how's the rebuild going? Pictures please.
Effie C
(527 Posts) Roll Eyes

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2004, 11:51:54 AM »

John
All is not well with the old girl. I have started the slow proccess of stripping her down. So far I have found a lot of rust that has become quite noticeable. It is amazing what happens to rust once you start to drive a car that has been stored for years.

Road vibrations are a gem for working all that scaled rust away in hard to see and quick fix (cover ups) areas.

It is amazing to see what lengths ppl will go to to sell a car. Things like a shit load of glue and brand new carpet to cover up and hold the floor together. The floor looked great from under the car, when I lifted the carpet it was quite heavy with all that rusty floor glued to it.

I am reserving my decision on what to do with Grac untill she is completely stripped and I can have a proper look at the shell and its condition. It looks good on the surface. Old grace is a bit like a mud guard, shiny on the outside and shit underneath.

We all have to live and learn, but at my age you would think I would know better. I was like a kid at the lolly shop when I finaly convinced the trouble and stife to let me have an FC, I needed it and I needed it yesterday. If all goes well I will not loose out and infact may well end up with 2 FC's in the long run.

I will post some photos real soon.

It is amazing to see how many posts I have made in less than a year. I have gone from a nobody to a GURU with 600+ posts and I still have no idea what I am on about.

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: