FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:34:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Streetneats FC Custom Coupe  (Read 34427 times)
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« on: February 23, 2004, 04:58:17 AM »

INTRODUCTION AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS:
Well this is where it all started folks... You have to start some where . This orphan was bought from the trading post in a fit of desparation for something to do other than work on my model A Ford Roadster Hot rod... I was getting the shits with the wankers that were calling themselves TAC inspectors and I wanted a PROJECT I could sink my teeth into with out having to go through the channels of Wankers that were telling me what to do with the Hot Rod project. Hot Rod got finished first though but this FC was something that would change the whole scene to what we know it as today.... As a result of my building the FC Coupe it has enabled other radical customs that were previously not able to be registered or judged under ASRF rules and they are now recognised as legitimate cars in their own right. When My car started its 100% winning streak with everything we entered it into the rules had to be updated to allow cars like mine to be registered and Shown in Hot Rod catergories... This is not the first pioneering effort by myself.. My 1948 Chev truck ona 1Ton Holden Chassis was also used to start the revolution of new rego scheme in the state of QLD.Most certainly I built these cars, but the credit for these rego and acceptance changes goes to my engineer Tim Bartrop... With out whose help and foresight into what I build ,none of these cars would be before you now. Thanks to my lovely wife Kim for her support and design input(lepeord skin).......
So sit back and enjoy the history in the making...

Cheers streetneat -Andrew
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 05:03:32 AM »

This poor old four door and too much roof sedan was bought for $500. There was no shopping around- I went and bought the first one I saw... The guys were good enough to chuck in some extra doors in the deal... No motor or box ... but later I found it had a HR front and rear end....lots of spares that were sold off to pay for some other bits I needed..
« Last Edit: February 23, 2004, 05:04:37 AM by streetneat » Logged

streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 05:16:42 AM »

This car was bought in 1996 about April The back end in standard form stripped of all its goodies gave me some idea of what I wanted to achieve.. at this stage I knew I would chop and two door it...

streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 05:23:44 AM »

The first order of the day was to remove the centre pillar for the two door conversion... I started this one easter (1996).

streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 05:27:58 AM »

Roofs off... and four inches removed from front pillars...

streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2004, 05:33:22 AM »

The two dooring commences . I removed 6" of door and added 12" on.. astute observers may notice that this is not the final shape we ended up with.... trial and error...Note jack stands keeping it all level...

streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2004, 05:40:24 AM »

Roof is sat back in place for a photo opportunity... This height is a bit low... leaning in of pillars commences.. NOTE I do not slice and dice the roof to line up the pillars... its far better to move the pillars by relief cuts at the base and using a ratchet tie down strap as a 'come-along' ... Also note the door frame is not chopped as yet.

streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2004, 05:43:32 AM »

Roofs on and rear door cut, relieved of excess inches in lenght and is welded up. Note headlight work has started here too...

streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2004, 05:52:45 AM »

Here the headlight (EH & 1953 CHEV TRUCK & a peice of sheet steel ) has been blended into the front guard. sad part was the originals were not rusty.. the entire fromt sheet metal came from the donor FE I bought for $175.... The car I was building ended up with most of this FE in it... A bit like the original axe ... five new heads ....four new handles....

-KIWI-

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2004, 05:59:19 AM »

this must be HARKO heven !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2004, 06:00:12 AM »

The tailights are  base formed from FC door tops welded together... to make a tail fin ... rear panel is removed and replaced with one from the donor FE .... Count how many parts from this donor FE end up in the mix.......

streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2004, 06:13:11 AM »

Hmmm two door pillarless any one?... Here you can see the Celica seats mounted and right side needs filling in... Note one headlight is completed and one is not... Got some altitude reduction via spring removal until I could afford dropped stubbs... Rear screen has been laid  foward at this stage...

streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2004, 06:21:49 AM »

Here I am oxywelding the centre pillar... gee I have aged well since this picture...I no longer use this type of tip for oxy welding ...I now use a Henrob 2000 torch for oxy welding... I have also done the custom arial at this stage....

streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2004, 06:29:51 AM »

Ahh my lovely Kiwi  wife.. She has aged even better since these pics...  She had not long given birth to our first son Harold at this juncture.... The 1982 Caddy Tailight has been frenched into the left side .. The FE beaver pan is in place.... At this point Kim thinks the car is for her... NOTE: rear screen is laid forward....

streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2004, 06:40:45 AM »

Kerrrhist...look at the flamin ugly centre pillar!!! Glad we did away with this  eventually... Some of my designs got chucked out ...You got to let a wine sit to develop the flavour ( a kim -ism)
Any way notice the Square door frame and seats mounted...  Warts an all here folks ..we dont censure anything....
« Last Edit: February 23, 2004, 06:44:16 AM by streetneat » Logged

streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2004, 06:50:11 AM »

Tailight profile..I would take these pics to peruse later to determine if I had "the look'... Good thing I did because this pic helped me determine the yet to be built conti kit and extended rer bar.. This was the first rendition...

streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2004, 06:55:01 AM »

I was still relatively happy with the profile at this stage... good thing good taste took over...Much later  Huh...

streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2004, 07:04:06 AM »

How cool is this pic? Cool.... The Model A in the background ...nearly finished.... (327 Chevy powered)  FC Kustom in foree ground being worked on ... Ahhh thems was the days...  Cool

streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2004, 07:10:58 AM »

I was getting a sneaking suspicion at this stage that I did not have the desired sleek look I was after.. Huh. Note the EJ (broadside taxi service) In the background..man that car was fun for skids... could pull a wheelie at the drop of a clutch... also used to put the boy to sleep at odd hours of the night... and general paddock basher... sold it for $1000 with another EJ later on... it served its purpose... went to the wreckers after giving up its mechanicals.... Roll Eyes

streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2004, 07:17:51 AM »

This is the first rendition of the conti kit... we tried to make it like a 1956 Pontiac with split rear bars... did not work out.... look at that taxi sitting there waiting to play.... Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: