FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 16, 2024, 07:02:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Brand New Hadfield Chassis Kit to suit FE/FC  (Read 10801 times)
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2004, 07:00:46 AM »

For sale , Rod Hadfield Chassis kit to suit FE/FC. New < never on Car, $250.  Contact Slim 0401303998....... Interstate buyers to organize there own freight............ Cant post a picture here , But quite happy to Email pictures to interested parties.

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 03:27:47 AM »

do you have the fitting instructions
cheers fatboy

fatboy
slim
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 03:48:09 AM »

No instructions , But there pretty basic mate ... Youd have to be Very very Drunk or Very Very silly to bugger it up.... I could draw you a picture I suppose......

RUBBLE

FC WAGONS ARE COOOOOOL

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 04:25:23 AM »

Hey slim,
u still got the chassis kit,i'm interested if you still have it(will it fit my wagon?)cheers rubble Cool
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 05:21:44 AM »

I still have my instructions and can send a copy if needed. Very basic though and only a few lines from the whole page actually relate to the installation.

FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 07:58:33 AM »

its not really the fitting instructions i want its the certificate that comes with it
cheers fatboy

fatboy
slim
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2004, 12:33:49 AM »

Yes its still available , It has fitting instructions included, And it will fit , UTE/VAN/ WAGON/ SEDAN in  FE FC FB EK.........  Call Slim 0401303998...........  Buyer to organize freight.

Martin

Model: FC

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2004, 03:18:19 AM »

Please forgive my ignorance, but....
What's a chassis kit?  What's it comprise of, and what's it do?

Obviously, if I don't know what it is, I don't want one - and I'm staying "stock" anyway, but I'm curious.

Thanks.

Martin

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
Blown_FC

FC Holdens &amp; Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2004, 03:35:28 AM »

Martin...it's basically a number of lengths of steel tubing, that bolts together and forms a stiff brace, that is bolted and welded to the underside of your car.   It virtually strengthens your car, and stops it from twisting and bowing ect.

Most later model cars, are a BODY which is bolted onto 2 great long CHASSIS  rails....think of a truck with the cab being bolted to a chassis....well with early holdens, and Minis for example, there are no chassis rails.....basically the body is it's own strength, and the front half of the car ( the subframe ) is bolted to the body.
This design is fine for old grey motors to push along, but fit a bigger motor like a V8 or hot 6, and the car puts out more power, and starts to twist, just like a drag car taking of the line.......so a chassis kit, is just a big brace that holds it all together and gives the whole car more strength and rigidity.

Funny to note....that the latest latest cars, like the Mitsubishi Pajero for example, use the old technology of NO CHASSIS RAILS, and gave it a new name called MONOCOQUE BODIES, and people think it's a new thing !

Early evidence of this, is the old VB Commodores, which came out with a factory V8, but were still built without a strong chassis......so check out any old VB V8 commodore, and most of them now start to bow or are twisted.

I hope this makes sense....I'm no mechanic, just my way of explaining what a Chassis Kit does !

Cheers

mark
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2004, 04:18:04 AM »

Actually, monocoque is not a new-fangled marketing phrase, and in fact Holden bodies are correctly described in this way in motoring reviews of the time (ie Wheels, Modern Motor etc).  Ironically, it was Holden who at the time of building these cars came up with some marketing speak for monocoque, calling it "Holden Aerobilt single unit construction" Grin

And of course, putting cars on chassis is not new either - this was the only method of construction in the early days of timber bodies, open-top tourers and so on.  All old chuggers have a chassis.  Monocoque construction is a type of vehicle design that comes and goes, better suited to smaller cars, obviously.

Makes you wonder about the rigidity of some modern 4 wheel drives tho Roll Eyes

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Blown_FC

FC Holdens &amp; Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2004, 04:31:31 AM »

Ask a Guru...and the Guru answers.....thanks RET for the history lesson........it's interesting to learn that Monocoques seems to come and go as you say.....i guess the only difference is that MAYBE these days, computer aided design helps with the design of the monocoque......and yeah I know...you'll probalby teach me that Holden used computers too, but MAYBE it's the software, or technology or even building techniques, that make todays monocoques stronger than yesteryears Aerobuilt Single Constructions. Huh

Then again...it's more a matter of how much weight savings and cost savings there is building cars this way...

What I have learned, is that something that may seem new and improved today, is more than likely an old idea reborn with a new name.

It's a bit like rebirthing the Mini, or the VW Beetle, or the Monaro...I mean sure the Monaro is nice and all, but fingers crossed they never bring out a new FC.......some cars should be left as classics and grow old with dignity and not have their names attached to a new shaped car just in the hop of increased sales.....but that's another story for another section of this forum.

Mark

Martin

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2004, 05:58:42 AM »

Thanks, Mark and RET.

I understand monocoque - always have.  You let guys like Harko near one, cut out the B pillars or chop off the roof and they just fold up.  Just didn't understand the interest in chassis kits.  Now I do.

Thanks.

Martin
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 06:00:34 AM by lewis1411 » Logged

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
HARKO
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2004, 11:47:23 AM »

Ha ha you should see what Ive been up to of late.

Laying low for a few weeks "I THINK SO"
FCwagon
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2004, 07:51:33 PM »

Holey mackarolly,
What sort of jack lifts that off the ground if you get a punture Harko. Or have you put bags on it? Looking good anyways.
cheers,
Leigh

Red & white is alright
slim
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2004, 11:51:19 PM »

Chassis Kit , has BEEN SOLD, SOLD SOLD.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: