FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:51:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Wrecking Only - FC Sedan    (Read 9089 times)
choppedek
« on: November 13, 2006, 12:13:42 PM »

Wrecking a sedan.
No front doors.
Everything else there.

Body U/S - due to time waster cutting parts out and left rest for me whilst away working.

Have photo's.

Phone Chris
Mobile 0403 401 689 or Home 0885368305 for prices.
Car located in Strathalbyn, Adelaide.

Only home until 22/11/2006. Work in WA.

NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 10:56:44 PM »

is it a special, did it have a grey, what colour was it originally?

choppedek
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 02:00:13 AM »

some photo's may help answer queries

choppedek
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 10:47:11 AM »

2 days left and the whole lot goes to sims.
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 12:29:02 PM »

Hey choppedek
I would be interested in the steering wheel if it doesn't have too many bad cracks.
That is if:
- no-one grabs the whole car
- your willing to part it out
- the price is reasonable
- you're willing to post.
Regards
Alex

choppedek
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 05:15:20 AM »

This is a thank you to Jeff in Adelaide. Hope the parts you got mate finish your ute off nicely.  Grin

Marc in Queensland, thanks to you to mate and will let you know about the list tonght mate.  Grin
You guys know who you are.  Wink

To the 15 odd guys that text or phoned on friday or saturday - thanks for wasting my time over the week end. If you ring somebody and dont show up at least have the manners to let me know so i dont hang around for you. Maybe your government cheque didnt clear before the weekend but its still no excuse.

Any how, happy pressure packing your "show beasts" coz if you ring now you'll be paying top dollar.

And if somebody wants to put a smart ass comment in, feel free. I can handle it, just cant handle time waster's, no it all's or wasted f*#@s. And this forum seems to have alot of them.  Angry

SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 06:47:11 AM »

just cant handle time waster's, no it all's or wasted f*#@s. And this forum seems to have alot of them.  Angry

Talk about wasted time!

There's a minute I'll never get back..... oh, and don't let the door hit you in the ass....

fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 07:52:52 AM »

Funny, choppedek,cant say ive met too many time wasters on this forum,maybe your the sort of w@nker that seems to attract these types of people!!and paying top dollar for WHAT??
SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 07:55:49 AM »

and paying top dollar for WHAT??

Hey, there's a guy over on the ozrodders forum that just lurves rusty POS! Wink

lovemyfe

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006, 08:24:32 AM »

Hi i'm a new member. Just joined. Have spoken to choppedek about parts and i can understand his frustion of people ringing and not showing up.  
He wastes a whole weekend waiting for these so called buyers to show up.

But for two "guru's" to belittle this genuine person to sell parts on your forum is a disgrace. Just because someone has said his peace doesn't give you the right to speak to anyone of that nature.

Maybe the two "guru's"where two of the 15 or so that said they would ring or show up. Are you feeling a bit guilty or something?

And before you post a come back. Believe me, I've been around to know a thing or 2. At my age (57), we need all the help in finding good/rare parts for our beloved cars, to keep them up and running.

Guests on this forum dont want to read about people abusing them for trying to do the right thing.

Anyway, thats my 2c worth. Maybe i'll be told to make sure my ass doesnt hit the door on the way out. So be it. At least i know i've done the right thing to a person that was trying to do the good thing.

Thanks for all your help choppedek and organising to drop them off for me.

Thank You
SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 08:43:14 AM »

Oh please Shocked

Read his post, and the passage I quoted again.

Good luck to the guy, great to hear he's done the right thing by people... sad to hear he got stuffed about by some, but if you've been around as long as you say, you oughtta know that you will come across timewasters in this hobby.

But, to come on here and slag the forum in general is pretty poor form wouldn't you say?

And good luck to him hangin' with Harko, methinks he ain't the type to put up with whingers...... oh yeah, and 'Guru'... count me out, I don't know squat!

« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 08:44:16 AM by SRVLIVES » Logged

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2006, 08:44:34 AM »

OK guys, let's all chill a little now.

lovemyfe, the guys (and myself) took offense to the
I can handle it, just cant handle time waster's, no it all's or wasted f*#@s. And this forum seems to have alot of them.

99% of the guys on this forum go out of their way to help one another, read one of the recent topics in the General Section for an example, so obviously an attack like that will not go without a reply.
Any time wasters, lunchcutters and rip-off merchants soon get found out and usually don't hang around for long.

choppedek is gone now so let's all forget about.

BTW, the "Guru" status relates to the number of posts someone has made, but that's a whole other story. These two Gurus have been around for a while and know the score.

fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2006, 09:07:44 AM »

;)Hey Stinky your right!!if a guy comes on here slagging blokes on this forum,OR GIVING US THE FINGER!!,HE,S BOUND TO COP IT CAUSE I WONT SIT BACK AND COP THAT TYPE OF SHIT!! i do stick up for my mates and this forum!!

and LOVEMYFE,it may have seemed harsh!! but ive been wrecking and selling old holdens for over 25  years,and most my dealings have been with genuine blokes,and have rarely had as many timewasters as choppedek has had with one car in that time!!and no i wasnt one of the blokes who rang him as i have plenty of bits for sale myself!!cheers jamie
lovemyfe

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2006, 09:24:18 AM »

OK guys. Just saying my 2 bits worth. Yes i agree to stick up for your mates and this forum. Without people with the parts we need, we wouldnt have what we have today.

Like i said, yes he is a genuine person and for what someone from this forum did is unforgiveable.
For starters, you dont get permission from someone to enter your property to collect a vehicle that was restorable, to chop up the bits you need with an angle grinder and leave a wreck for someone else to get rid of. Like he said to me over the phone, it was a person or group from the forum that went there and destroyed a completely good car. What gives. He works away for 2 weeks, obliges to help someone and comes back to see that. I would be upset to. He's not directing it at the forum and he apologises, just at the person/s from the forum that did it. And i'm sure they've read this or will in the future.

So now you know the story, and choppedek apologises to upsetting the whole forum, but it was only directed at the person/s, who wrecked a completely good car. And yes it was good. Saw it today in the flesh and would have made a good restorer with alot of original parts.

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 11:42:50 AM »

I would think that choppedek must have been pretty frustrated when he wrote his reply.
I hate time wasters also, and my response was one of concern that there were so many forum users without the courtesy you would expect from fellow enthusiasts.
I guess that by posting phone numbers in an open forum, there may be a good percentage of visitors to this site who take advantage and not give a damn.
Let's hope that that has been choppedek's experience and that it is not indicative.
I think that the response to choppedek's comments were equally written without too much thought.
It was good to see lovemyfc speaking up.  Cheesy
I don't like seeing forum members leaving, be they choppedek, harko or anyone.  Angry
FWIW, choppedek responded to my earlier post requesting info on the steering wheel, offering to mail it out to me.  Cool
As Stinky said - "chill out."  Kiss
Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 11:50:14 AM by custom_fc » Logged

COL58FE

FE225

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 01:30:02 PM »

lovemyfe,
              i hear what your saying about people helping themself's and trespassing etc, lesson (1) don't tell people when your not home ?but so what if someone cut bit's from it.  if that's what they were buying the car for in the first place, as it was going to sims metal anyway as he stated. after all it's not as if a fc225 is rare even in this day and age. a good wreck but a good restorer hmmm Huh.  but i don't agree with people leaving the rest of the car there as a quick call to a scap metal man which would of picked it up.that's if they had bought the whole car? all in all it ain't making the fe/fc forum look good with this type of behavier.as i have spoken to a person (vendor) with a large deceased estate of
fe/fc part's and car's one fc  was apparently imaculate and the vendor used this forum in vane as they belevie some returned and  help them self's after they left :-/. not good! which stopped me from even viewing anything as soon as i mentioned the  fe/fc car club. Huh
maybe we all should pull our sock's up ay.
                                                                 col.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: