FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:28:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Weathershield/window dimensions.  (Read 14346 times)
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2011, 09:54:08 AM »

I'm starting to think I was cursed by a NASCO gypsy.... seems every accessory I lay my hands on turns out to be not quite right  Huh.

I bought a NASCO weathershield (NASCO is moulded into the plastic at the bottom right corner) a while ago. The photo below doesn't do it too much justice - it polished up nicely. It was supposed to be FB/EK... some measurements show it's not quite right.

The weathershield is 515-520mm wide, and 340mm tall.

FB/EK sedan windows with the 1/4 vent are 575mm wide (utes are similar), and 410mm without the 1/4 vent. They are 325mm tall (similar to ute). So for FB/EK, the weathershield is probably the right height (allowing for it to sit under the frame at the edges), but is about 2" too slim.

Could someone please measure up an FE/FC window (sedan and ute, both with and without the 1/4 window) and post the measurements? Anyone have a NASCO weathershield like this one?

Cheers,
Harv.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 07:40:39 PM »

I have an FE FC one which I can measure for you, mine has a blue top.

Ken
Harv
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 05:20:56 PM »

Thanks Ken - appreciated.
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 08:51:32 PM »

I have a 2 part one that I think is Nasco - all clear though. Can have a look and post a pic if you want.

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
Harv
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 07:43:41 AM »

Thanks Paul - also appreciated.
mc54

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 05:22:42 PM »

I happen to have one handy, I don't know what make it is.

It is 355mm high at the front, 360mm high at the rear and 510mm wide. Hope this helps.

Regards

Mike
Harv
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 06:44:50 PM »

Thanks Mike. The dimensions are a lot closer to my weathershield than a standard FB/EK door... starting to think it might be FE/FC.

Interesting to see how Ken and Paul's look/measure.
FE_UTE
wa-club

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 07:30:48 PM »

G,day Harv

I have a NASCO weathershield the same as yours..dunno what it fits. I have tried FX to EK. I havent tried EJ to HR
The FE/FC NASCO is slightly smaller and  has indents in the green running cross ways and this I have has them running longways...Hope that makes sense

Cheers
Gary

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 07:36:07 PM »

It's unlikely they are for locally GMH assembled yank cars, but they could be Nasco Vauxhall weathershields
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 07:39:51 PM »

Some pics for you of my 2 part Nasco:

Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2011, 07:44:43 PM »

Dimensions...  Roll Eyes

Actually, almost the same as Mikes. So I think you may know what you now have? Now, if you don't want it....  Grin

Harv
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 09:07:19 AM »

Thanks guys - very much appreciated.

The indents on this one run long-ways, like Gary's. It could be FE/FC (measurements are close), but could well be Vauxhall or FX/FJ (the humpy guys are also checking measurements for me).

I'll see if I can eliminate the FX/FJ bit (or confirm it) - if it's FX/FJ, I'll advertise it on their forum. If it's not, I'll advertise it here. Sounds like Paul has first dibs if it is FE/FC (freight to Ireland could be interesting). If anyone would like to trial fit it, it's located near Parramatta, Sydney.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 05:31:36 PM »

I have finally got the measurements off mine - They are the same as Mikes, 510 mm wide and 355 mm high at the front. Mine is definitely from an FC.

Mine is identical to yours in shape to yours with NASCO at the very bottom front moulded in the plastic and flutes at the top

Ken
Harv
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 07:16:18 AM »

Thanks Ken. Best bet so far is that mine is FE/FC, but still discussing with the Vauxhall guys.

Cheers,
Harv
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2011, 08:46:38 PM »

I don't think it is off FC - 10 mm too wide - it just will not fit between the channels. Since it is identical to mine in make, it should have identical measurements if it was FC.

Ken
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 06:30:34 AM »

Aren't the windows of FE and FC exactly the same?

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 08:02:20 PM »

Yes, I was just abbreviating - sorry

Ken
Harv
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 09:15:46 AM »

Think you're right Ken... over-optimism on my part  Undecided. The conversation continues with the Vauxhall guys, but it looks like I may have bought a piece of NASCO wall-art rather than a weathershield  Sad.

Paul - tha master parts catalogue reckons that all FE/FC front windows are the same, except ute. All FB/EK front windows are the same except ute and panelvan. All EJ/EH front windows are the same. All HD/HR windows are the same. FX/FJ are a real mess - doesn't look like any two humpies had the same front windows  Grin Shocked.

Cheers,
Harv.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: