FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:21:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: AVIEX 2002 Air Show Run 17 November 2002  (Read 5661 times)
Cat
vic-club

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2002, 06:57:23 AM »

Hi everyone!

The Aviex 2002 Air Show is the November run for the Southern Sydney Early Holden Car Club on Sunday 17th November 2002.

The public Air Show itself runs for 2 days - 16th and 17th November 2002.

Attractions include "Connie" the Super Constellation  Shocked (Anyone who has experieced this beauty knows she is the most wonderful aircraft in the whole word!), Neptunes, Yaks, Roulettes, and heaps more including australian and international aircraft from everywhere.  The event is so huge it had to be moved from Bankstown!!

The SSEHCC is participating in a car display on 17th and will be given free access and parking as part of the static display on the day.  We have also invited the FEFC Holden Car Club and also the EH Holden Car Club to make it a great day out.

As the Air Show itself runs from 10am to 6pm, we will need to arrive at 9am and will be able to leave after 6pm.  I know it's a long day, but how cool will all the action be!!  Grin

I have advised the Air Show organisers that we are expecting at least 20-25 cars.  

I will send flyers out to all clubs in the next week, however will need a show of numbers ASAP (i.e. before your next club meeting) so I can organise a decent number of entry passes.  (They need to plan a display area for us, and the cops won't let us in without the passes.  Huh)

Other details such as meeting times and places I will arrange closer to the date, so watch this space.

The Aviex website has all the information you will need -
http://www.aviex.com.au

Please post back by Friday 18th October 2002 if you are interested or need more information, email me at cat@nsw.fefcholden.org.au or call me at home on 4655 6440.

I look forward to seeing everyone there.  Grin

Cat

Zoom zoom!
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2002, 09:29:32 PM »

Our scheduled run for November (to The Old Piano Roll Co. and the Tempe Bus & Truck Museum) was also to be on this date.

We have decided to make Aviex our official NSW club run instead.

Cat, do you have flyers (no pun intended) for this event that we can use?

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Cat
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2002, 09:47:40 PM »

ret,
I'll make some up (not dissimilar to what is above) and email it to you for circulation/distribution.
Should I assume 10-15 cars from FEFC??
Cat

Zoom zoom!
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2002, 10:19:52 PM »

That seems reasonable.  It's always safest to over-estimate with these things - better to have a few too many passes than not enough!

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2002, 08:50:35 AM »

Well, Aviex was an interesting day, but not quite what I expected  :-/

The planes that we were able to look at were cool (esp. Connie), but where were the rest of them?  And all the other 'attractions'?

For that matter, what happened to the blokes from the EH Club?  Must have got a better offer.....

Anyway, here are a couple of pix of the line-up of cars (both from the ground and from the ramp of the Super Constellation), and the Roulettes' in a spin.

Hewart
nsw-club

Model: FC

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2002, 09:09:27 AM »

Hey Richard...
Nice pics...!! Fast too...!! Is there about 14 Holdens all up..? Not too bad, though I wish I was able to make it 15... stuck at work unfortunately..... Roll Eyes

Hope it was a good day anyway... great weather that's for sure...

Cheers...
Les...

craiga
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2002, 09:21:29 AM »

Here's a picture of one very happy Poo Mobile - lots of blue sky, other old Holdens to keep it company, but where were all the planes  Huh

This was the airshow you have when your not having an airshow. Like RET said, one key ingredient of an airshow went AWOL - the planes :-/

Great day anyhow, thanks to everyone who attended, and to Cat who organised everything beautifully - even if she did use up her one allocated U-Turn very early in the day Wink.

Cheers,

Craig.
HARKO
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2002, 12:13:47 PM »

Better late than never.
I just wanted to add a few more pictures and let every one know how sunburned we all ended up .
I had an excelent day and only travelled within 5 klms of home ,Which is a change because everything else seems to be in Sydney.
Great to hang with the club and even have a beer afterwoods.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2002, 12:43:59 PM by HARKO » Logged
craiga
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2002, 12:26:38 PM »

Hey Harko,

Will you be up for the Christmas party? Look forward to a few more ales Cheesy

I'm up in Brisbane on business and was travelling in a customers 4WD on the way to the Sunshine Coast and passed a beautiful grey FC Standard Wagon. Two young guys in the car, surfboard on the roof - does it get any better... Lucky Lucky bastards!!!!!

Hope to catch up with you all on the 7th of December.

Cheers,

Craig.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: