FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:53:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NosFEratu  (Read 292273 times)
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: October 26, 2009, 11:37:31 AM »

I will start polishing the silverware ......FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 26, 2009, 11:44:02 AM »

Yeah, well if that happens, Kathi, we'll just get Rita to provide the humble (home-made pizza) pie...

Sorry; delete the above!   Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed

(that would only be an incentive NOT to get the van to Bright  Grin)

And FC427, you only need to polish the silverware for you and me - I've seen Kathi eat (home-made pizza) pie; and she sure as hell doesn't need the silverware; it'd just slow her down  Grin Grin Grin

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 26, 2009, 01:20:27 PM »

And FC427, you only need to polish the silverware for you and me - I've seen Kathi eat (home-made pizza) pie; and she sure as hell doesn't need the silverware; it'd just slow her down  Grin Grin Grin

LMAO at Jack's comments.  Grin Grin Grin

You go girl, you and John pull some magic out of those fingertips and get it finished, at least then the broken fingernails will have been worth it, you can buff 'em up while John Drives to Bright! Wink

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 26, 2009, 05:20:40 PM »

(like seeing Jack eat humble pie!).

MMMMMMM humble pie, if it's as good as Kathi's christmas pud i don't mind sharing with you Jack Grin, the little vans coming along nicely Cool, wish i was closer I'd come round and give you a hand, we'll all be counting down the next few days with you.
     Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 26, 2009, 05:37:50 PM »

Firstly, I would like to categorically state that the "list" is complete and any comments made now or in teh near future will not influence the "list" in any way, shape or form - unless it's to strike a name off it!  Kiss Grin

There are around 120 combined John and Kathi "van hours" left before we're scheduled to leave - and we know they'll go quick!  Undecided

But thanks for everyone's support so far - it's appreciated.  Smiley   

NosFEratu
FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 26, 2009, 07:33:29 PM »

Will see ya at bright kathi wont have a car this year but will have the whole family there from wednesday on wards
regards fatboy

fatboy
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 26, 2009, 07:37:04 PM »

Will be good to meet you Fatboy - hopefully we'll be recognisable by our car!  Undecided  Cheesy

NosFEratu
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 26, 2009, 07:58:16 PM »

AND we will expect updates each and every day .......Now get to Johns side an assist ... Grin Grin Grin.......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 26, 2009, 11:24:11 PM »

AND we will expect updates each and every day .......

Geez! I'm not even that demanding!  Wink Grin  I'll compromise and report on major milestones as we progress!  Smiley

NosFEratu
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 26, 2009, 11:37:37 PM »

I'll compromise and report on major milestones as we progress!  Smiley

so doesn't that mean we will get updates every day?  Huh  Grin

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 27, 2009, 04:29:35 PM »

Well, I don't know about every day -all depends on your definition of a major milestone!

Last night - had trouble making the sump fit with the new “replacement” oil pump and pick up - and yes we'd make sure we ordered the correct one! After at least half an hour of trying to find out why it wouldn’t fit, including “massaging” the sump, repositioning the pick up angle etc (it'd be really handy to have see through sumps sometimes) we figured something was really up the creek.  So we searched out the original (naturally it had been stored in that "safe" place) and saw immediately that the new pick up was a completely different shape and size. So after a good checking over and clean up, the old pick up is fitted to the new pump and the sump fits perfectly (after it was "massaged" back to the original shape again!)

Other than that little challenge, a number of small things were sanded down and painted/touched up, timing done and it's cover on and painted and the sump was stripped, positioned and and painted. Probably a few other things too but the memory for detail is starting to fail a little due to long days!

Let's hope tonight runs a little smoother. Goal for tonight is to have the trans, motor and pipes in. 

NosFEratu
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 27, 2009, 05:13:30 PM »

Let's hope tonight runs a little smoother. Goal for tonight is to have the trans, motor and pipes in. 

And what are you going to do in your spare time Huh Huh.....

I hope that all goes well, good luck with it

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 27, 2009, 10:54:49 PM »

Soooooo the engine came without an oil filter adaptor when we bought it.  Naturally the one we bought is the wrong size - so - goal for tonight has not been achieved!   Hey, it happens! Smiley  Will be onto the guy we got the motor from tomorrow and as he's advertising that he's got a used one in stock (coincidence?). Still smiling though!  Smiley

NosFEratu
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 28, 2009, 09:33:07 AM »

so - goal for tonight has not been achieved!   Hey, it happens! Smiley 

Minor hiccup; what's life without the odd little challenge?  Smiley

Great to see the daily updates are still coming in um, daily! (this despite threats to the contrary)  Grin

I know it's a bloody big ask at the end of a long day, but any chance of a picher or 2 with tonites update?

(but only if it doesn't keep you out of the cot too long, kiddo!  Wink Wink Wink)

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 28, 2009, 11:18:21 AM »

I know it's a bloody big ask at the end of a long day, but any chance of a picher or 2 with tonites update?

Didn't you ever watch Sesame Street - it's called an "imagination"!   Grin

NosFEratu
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 28, 2009, 11:34:57 AM »

If there is time to log on here and chat, there is time to get more done on the van and so stop wasting valuable time doing something useful  Roll Eyes

We can all wait until its done......

Cool

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 28, 2009, 11:42:39 AM »

Ahem Mr Paul in Ireland! The only thing I can do while I'm at work is to "let my fingers do the walking" to chase down bits and then take longer lunch breaks to go and get them! Sooooo I'm being quite productive actually!  Grin

NosFEratu
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 28, 2009, 12:48:43 PM »

'Sesame Street"??  Huh Huh    WTF is that?

If it's some sort of television show; the answer's NO

- they didn't even have TV when I was a kid

(geez, you'll be wanting to ring me up on one of them new-fangled wipod thingies to abuse me next... )

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 28, 2009, 01:00:48 PM »

Surely you're not saying that you are as disorganised as those on Sesame Street Huh Huh

Or is that you have to pull John's strings harder and faster to get the job done on time Huh Huh

I remember my kids watching Sesame Street, didn't ever see Big Bird or Kermit trying to get an FE finished before the weekend......

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 28, 2009, 01:44:04 PM »

my Sesame Sesame Street reference was about Jack wanting pictures - and if you'd paid proper attention to Sesame Street you would remember that they always used to encourage children to use their "imagination". Shame on you!  Roll Eyes Cheesy  And besides Jack, a picture of two bleary eyed disappointed people would not be a pretty sight.  Embarrassed

And ATM, making it is highly dependent upon being able to source an original oil filter adaptor - as no others will fit. Smiley The guy is scouring his warehouses and only time will tell.  As much as we'd both love to drive it there we won't do anything to compromise the safety of the car and our (and anyone else on the road's) safety. 

I'm very much a realist and I've told John I'm happy to be hear "no longer feasible". I don't want him to resent the experience and I know we'll enjoy Bright regardless of which car we are there in. Not about to polish up my silverware just yet though. Smiley 

NosFEratu
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: