FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:48:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Injected V8 FC  (Read 251763 times)
brett_f

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2010, 10:59:10 PM »

FC hoon,
i actually got it with the vehicle when i first bought it. It is plastic and i have no idea where it originated from. Have been told its not original but as you can see it fits good.
Regards Brett
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2010, 08:23:25 PM »

yeah it looks pretty good  there was a dude on e bay a while ago selling them and the seat sides have not seen him in a long time ??

brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2010, 08:50:44 PM »

Well, got back into it today and bare metalled the door pillars, dog legs and both lower sills. Sorry guys and gals but as you can see, no rust to repair and all panels are original.
gwuthie

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2010, 11:42:58 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2010, 12:03:06 AM »

That's a body that most of us could only dream of, well done

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
FjJohn

Golden oldies

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2010, 09:48:12 PM »

Well, i have finally got some paint on the car so its starting to take shape. Keep you all posted as i go.
regards Brett
G'Day Brett fantastic work so far.can you tell me the name of the cream paint you have used on the dash of your car Regards John
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2010, 12:23:42 PM »

Looks great, Brett!
Love the steering wheel with FB/EK horn button (I did a similar thing with mine...)
I'm interested in how you mounted the button to the wheel; I used a turned polished aluminium trim ring around the bottom recessed edge of the horn button in preference to cutting the stepped bit of the button off, glued a piece of wood inside the button and, using double-sided tape, stuck the whole lot onto the (almost flush) horn button from a similar aftermarket wheel which fitted the wheel I wanted to use. It was quite tricky and time-consuming getting the interference-fit on the trim ring correct; also getting the chamfered outer edge of it to match the slope of the FB horn button, so much so that when I got it right, I made up 2 of them just in case I ever wanted to do it again!
How did you solve this problem?

cheers, jack

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2010, 03:23:33 PM »

Fjjohn and jack,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you as ive been busy.
Fjjohn the color of the dash is an original FC color by the name of ADOBE BEIGE code number 02031
Hope this helps

Jack,
I can't help you yet as the horn button was just sitting there for the photo. I too have a metal ring that the original button for the steering wheel came with. I dont expect it to be a problem to work out but not too concerned with it at the moment. Keep an eye on the build and i will put it up when i get to it but it might be a while. For those wanting to know, little progress at the moment due to work commitments.

Regards brett
FjJohn

Golden oldies

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2010, 09:16:48 PM »

Brett thanks for quick reply. Have been trying to find the right cream for ages.Will try this one and see if it is right. John
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2010, 10:13:34 AM »

Hey Guys,
Just unwrapped the front seat i got with the vehicle when i bought it. It appears to be a camper seat as it folds down. It has a modified lower bracket on both sides and it looks like it can also raise the seat about 3 inches. Has anyone seen this before and is it standard on camper seats. I have attached some photo's .
Regards Brett

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2010, 02:07:16 PM »

Very unusual, I think it may be an upper end design that allows the seat to go up & forward so as to make a more comfortable bed when folded down ? others may know more

The more common units just have a rachet type folding thingymebob arrangement

Gary
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2010, 05:32:43 PM »

Gary, i thought it unusal too but i haven't seen a camper seat before so thats why i asked. As for your pm sorry mate but i intend to use the seat.
Regards Brett
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2010, 06:55:37 PM »

Good for the drive inn  Tongue

Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2010, 07:51:05 PM »

If there was any Drive Ins left Cry
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 09, 2010, 07:35:33 PM »

It is a very unusual seat - I have seen 20 or so camper seats of different types and never seen that one.

Ken
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 10, 2010, 06:44:41 AM »

I fitted a camper seat to a wagon once and it wouldn't fold down if the rear seat was also down, possibly this one was made so it would move far enough forward to clear the rear seat base.
                    Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 10, 2010, 09:20:02 AM »

Most camper seat bases had the original mounts modified to allow the seat to go forward far enough for the seat to go down in front of the rear seat. This one is different in that it appears to have totally handmade mounts to allow the seat to rise as well.

Ken
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 10, 2010, 10:19:37 AM »

Ken,
The seat just simply lifts and allows it to move forward or backward and still is able to move using the original tracks. Each time it moves by lifting the seat, it locks into some openings. The unusal thing about the seat also is that i believe this vehicle may have been a low milage vehicle and therefore wonder why they had this modification done.
Regards brett
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 10, 2010, 12:53:14 PM »

Most camper seat bases had the original mounts modified to allow the seat to go forward far enough for the seat to go down in front of the rear seat.

No worries Ken, I understand what you are saying as the seat I had came out of a sedan but on the wagon the rear seat base folds forward into the footwell and the seat has to go a lot further foreward to clear it, I solved the problem on mine by taking out the rear seat base then when i laid the camper seat back it made one big bed, I'd park the wagon sideways at the drive-in and then there was plenty of room for two couples Wink, my suggestion was only a theory on my part though and possibly has nothing to do with this seat mechanism.
       Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2010, 02:01:06 PM »

I'd park the wagon sideways at the drive-in and then there was plenty of room for two couples Wink        
Pedro

Shocked  Shocked and we learn more about Pedro every day!  Grin

NosFEratu
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: