FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 16, 2024, 06:07:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Registration help  (Read 3622 times)
Poo Wagon Bloke

If its not Holden it Aint Golden!!

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2005, 04:21:45 AM »

G'day All,

We are restoring a 1959 FC Holden Special Station Sedan as some of you may know already.

The rego number is HCD-100 now Ken Mclean has told us it dates back to December 1959 when it was first registered but our question is does anybody know who it was first registered by or anyone who can tell us?

Also is there a way of telling or finding out when our wagon was bought?

If anyone can tell us anything that would be very helpful as we are trying to piece together the history of our poo wagon  Wink

Thanks,
Alan and Jake

P.S. Does anyone know if roof racks were a Holden accessory?

The Mighty Grey never dies!!
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 06:50:24 AM »

hey mate i am not really sure about any of that but something interesting just caught my eye

our fb sedan is number 300 and something and the original plates are HCD 651

does this mean that these cars were built very close together?

cheers
torque

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
earlyholdenfan

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 11:22:09 AM »

Hi Alan and Jake,
The federal Governments Privacy Legislation would pretty much have stopped all of this kind of information, if it ever was previously available, from being made known, so unless you have some way of tracking it down through a link with the previous owners? it may remain buried in archives at the main roads offices.

Torquefc,
What this is more inclined to be is that they were registered 500 cars apart from each other, it may be in the same region, or completely different regions in the same state as batches of number palates were sent to regional offices, , the FC may have been sitting on the dealers showroom for a while (being the last of the older model) and yours bought and registered quickly (being the new model) or a number of different reasons, or as you say it could be a late FC early FB and coincidental! hope that may help you out a little, in short the rego numbers have no direct correlation to the build numbers, generally! hehe
Cheers
Matt
Spinner
nsw-club

Whitewalls - more than 'just' a way of life.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 02:32:36 PM »

I'd have to agree with that.  Another example: my parents had an XP Falcon with NSW rego AUD-851.  Once, near Muswellbrook, we travelled behind AUD-850, a VG Pacer Sedan.

(0414) 49-6706.  d5461 on Ebay.
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 09:01:38 PM »

I must preface the following by saying I don't live in Victoria, so I could be completely wrong.  But I believe that you can apply to VicRoads to obtain previous owner details, and my understanding is that VicRoads will pass your details onto the previous owner, and leave it up to them whether they wish to contact you or not.

Surely this question has come up before though, maybe the AOMC might be able to help?  There must be a lot of enthusiasts out there trying to research vehicle histories...

Leon, if you're reading this, can you tell us what - if anything - the RTA offer in this area?

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
FCwagon
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 01:28:42 AM »

VicRoads have no records prior to computerisation. The AOMC have rescued all the old hard copy records and will provide all the registration details. They charge a fee for this service (which is minimal) and can be contacted at Springvale but I have an application for a search somewhere that has all the details on - I'll try & dig it up 4 you.
Leigh

Red & white is alright
Poo Wagon Bloke

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 06:14:54 AM »

G'day Guys,
Thanks for all the help.
I try your suggestions and tell you if I am successful.

Regards,
Alan and Jake

meeky

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 05:37:00 AM »

Alan & Jake,

Just to clarify the situation in Victoria with the rego records.

VICROADS do still hold the registration records from the pre computerisation era (mid 70s). The problem is twofold.

Firstly, and as indicated previously, the privacy laws have completely restricted the information available in relation to names and addresses. Whether you think it is right or wrong, there are very few exceptions made.

Secondly, even though many of the older records still exist, even if it was available, the information has not been transferred to database.

The information that the AOMC has access too ARE NOT registration records. From 1934 to full computerisation in about 1984, the Victorian authorities kept two sets of information. The registration records which referenced registration numbers against owners details, and the engine number records which referenced engine numbers against registration numbers. Confusing isn't it!

The AOMC has access to the engine number records. If you know the engine number, it is therefore often possible to determine engine changes and dates, changes of registration etc. Unfortunately - no personal details. If you're interested in the information from these records the fee is $25 and you can get a copy of the request at -

http://www.aomc.asn.au/publications/engnosearch.pdf

Hope this of some help.
MEEKY
Poo Wagon Bloke

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2005, 07:10:10 AM »

G'day Meeky,
Thanks for the that information.
I'll try it and tell you how I go.
I might try and contact the old owner to ask if he knows the who bought it originally.

Thanks,
Alan and Jakw

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: