FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:48:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: rebuild kit (unleaded)  (Read 2287 times)
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« on: July 10, 2010, 04:59:35 PM »

Where is the best place to get a rebuild kit for an FC motor (with hardened valve stem seals for conversion to unleaded)

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 06:28:35 PM »

Any engine re-conditioner should be able to fit inserts in your head for the exhaust valve and service your head ready to bolt on .....FC427....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 10:03:47 PM »

Where is the best place to get a rebuild kit for an FC motor (with hardened valve stem seals for conversion to unleaded)

It isn't the stem seals that are hardened, it is the valve seats. tetra ethyl lead was added to reduce the wear in the engine of valve seats and to inhibit detonation of the fuel when the compression was raised.

Fuels are quite good now with the removal of the lead, although some high compression engines still suffer a bit. All engines that have valve seats integral with the block / head require the fitment of hardened valve seats to inhibit the wear that they will encounter with the unleaded fuels. If operating on LPG, the same applies.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 01:57:05 PM »

Thanks for the input guys.
I am looking for a kit to rebuild. I have a spare motor and there is a tafe group wanting to rebuild an early motor so I was going to take em up on it. Just need to know where the best place for the kit is.
Cheers

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: