FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:14:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Red ones go faster!!  (Read 10705 times)
jfk

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2014, 10:24:08 PM »

Hi

As previously mentioned this rebuild was going well until I missed my deadline for the Mt Gambier Nats in 2008.

While I went to Mt Gambier, the FC stayed under the house(s)............ untouched for another 6 years...... although it did move three times and travel a total of 3500kms by trailer.

I also spent a fair bit of time in and out of hospitals......... who knew you needed kidneys ?

Anyway I'm on the mend, recently moved back to Sydney and decided it was time to "get 'er done"

All my old photos are in storage, but between 2005 and 2008 she got a new floor, inner and outer sills, door skins, boot floor, lower guards and quarter panels, a Pat Gardner front end, a V6, steel 5 speed, Commodore diff, four wheel discs, rack and pinion, a retrim, billeted steering column etc, etc, etc....... I've specifically built her to drive around Australia.....at least once.

All the panel work was done by Kev on the Gold Coast who did "Hilda's Extreme Makeover"...... one of the original Project posts, all the rest including the engine rebuild I did in the shed.

In storage in a rural setting in Bowen it became a rats nest......chewed wiring. hood lining, new seats, door trims........ not happy.

Anyway, here's a shot wearing 6 years dust and doing the Pacific Highway backwards on route to Sydney.

Here's another after a wash and a little online retail therapy..... Billleted gear, Smith's Gauges, Surge tank and pumps, Carpet etc,

More to follow soon.

Regards

JFK
CraigFC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 07:50:59 AM »

Moving sucks, I have done it 5 times so far in 3.5 years and I'm looking to do one more again soon. It is great to see you have been able to keep your old girl with you for the journey.
Good luck on the build
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 06:10:38 PM »

Yep the red ones definitely go faster, thought i had the first red and black colour scheme looks like you beat me to it lol.
   Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
jfk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 11:48:25 PM »

Yeah it was actually that colour when I got it, but it was VERY tired, so I gave it the works, but kept the colour scheme to give it some sort of continuity. It has a red and black interior too.

Go Team Red !!! Grin

Cheer

JFK
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 08:10:48 AM »

I got a bit of red...

pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 07:16:03 PM »

I got a bit of red...

Well that means yours will only go a little bit faster NES.  Wink Grin Grin Grin
You got any more pics from different angles jfk i'd like to see how your colour scheme looks.
   Pedro

F4+
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 04:02:57 PM »

Hi JFK;
Mate it's obvious red ones do go faster mine is red as you can see in my avatar (forgot how to post photos) almost rego'ed very soon.
Mines Sunrise Red and Fowlers Ivory not original but the red is a holden colour from the 70's if I remember rightly also called New Red.

Go the Red FC's
Regards
Neil H
jfk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 11:51:07 PM »

Hi

Sorry for the delay on photos Pedro, I've been interstate and all my photos are in storage, so I snapped a couple of quick ones today.

Neil....I've noticed your car before....if i had my time again I'd go Red and white...(sorry Pedro), but at this stage I'm just keen to get it on the road.

Attached a couple of photos of it amongst the #^*@ at work and one with the Smith's gauges and the billeted column installed...... late last night.

Cheers

JK

JFK
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 01:26:06 PM »

Hi JK;
Thanks for noticing my car I haven't really posted many photos.
Mine was painted by somebody else about 20 years ago so I didn't have much choice but I do really like the scheme.
Are you still running the V6 I'd like to see the setup mine is also V6
I was discussing with my engineer the other day to get him to do the final inspection before rego and he informed me that I now have to have inertia seat belts in the back on the outsides so I have had to take a couple of steps back and now fit those hopefully rego soon.

Like the gauges abd the column how much longer you think you have to go?
Regards
Neil H
jfk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 09:03:03 AM »

Hi Neil

Yeah, still running a V6 and will sort some photos soon.

What front end mods, wheels and diff are you running..... and what offsets are they (if you know).

Mine will be finished in the next few months, but at the moment I'm spending my spare time getting my Impala ready for it's round Australia flogging in about 6 weeks.....see Lowrider Impala Bash Car thread in Member's other vehicles.

Post some more photos of your car.

Cheers

JFK

JFK
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 11:07:51 AM »

Hi JFK
I'm running most of the things other guys have done, narrowed VN VP diff, HR front end with 60 mm drop spindles, V6 conversion rack and pinion and sump, VN VP brake master cylinder, HZ WB front discs and calipers, VN VP 3.8 series 2 I prefer the look of this engine over the ugly Ecotec plastic cover even though the Ecotec has more power, th700 gearbox, flaming river tilt steering column, VN VP fuel tank etc etc.
I purchased my wheels from VPW I think they are called HQ WB stud pattern (chev)and I think the offset is 3.5 or 4.5 inch i will have a look at the paperwork and let you know.
I will try to sort out how to post some photos and get them up.
Regards
Neil H
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 09:09:06 AM »

Nice colour scheme JFK, you've obviously got good taste  Wink Grin Grin
   Pedro

F4+
ubeuty

COOL

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2014, 09:27:11 PM »

What part number or length is the steering column bud as trying to sort out steering
jfk

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2014, 02:38:20 PM »

Ubeuty

Sorry. I dont have the part number as I purchased it about 8 years ago.

I have the tilt, polished, floorshift columb and originally it was fine at 32 inches, but as I grew rounder, I then had it shortened to give me a bit more breathing space behind the wheel. It now measures about 28 and 3/4 inches or 73 cm from the steering wheel centre to the first of the double D uni joints.

Cheers

JFK

JFK
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2014, 10:38:19 PM »

Howz gowen JFK?

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: