FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 15, 2024, 12:31:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: CAR INSURANCE  (Read 3090 times)
spider

GO THE MIGHTY GREY MOTOR

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2003, 09:03:18 AM »

:)Hi All,
            Wanting to find out, who out there would recommend a good car insurer. Ozfueller said new england but i cant find there website. Some that i have tried only go back to 1970. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers Spider Cool
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2003, 09:38:48 AM »

Shannons, as if you write it off you keep the wreck as well as full payout.

NRMA insurance in QLD is dearer than anyone else(personal experience as expat QLDer),

SuncorpGIO in QLD good insurer I was insured with them before moving south. they give choice of repairer etc.

Depends if daily driver or limited use,if daily go Suncorp GIO if limited go Shannons.

If you have bad record or car is highly modified try Just Car Insurance(They sponsored 427 Monaro at Bathurst)

Yellow pages Classic car Insurance,plenty to choose from depending on your record and car mods if any.

Good Luck
John M
« Last Edit: March 04, 2003, 03:29:34 PM by fcmayberry » Logged

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
Chris Bunt
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2003, 10:37:22 AM »

I would recommend NRMA classic car insurance for a couple of reasons

1 there price at last insuring was almost half of Shannons
2 They offer a special service with The plus option where they will truck your car home if its over 200 klm from home and cant be fixed within 24hrs easily.

A friend had this trouble in SA with his customline, the local mechanic could not fix it, he was in hospital as well and they trucked the car home to Bargo NSW for him

Cheers ChrisB  Cool
Sheriff
qld-club

Model: FE

FEs rule!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2003, 10:40:53 AM »

Spider, I've got mine insured (in Qld) with Suncorp Metway for $8000 and it costs me about $160 a year.  All I had to do was supply them with a photo of the car to insure it.  Its covered  for agreed value or market value whichever is the lesser with an excess of $350.   Higher age excesses apply if you are under 25.   I don't know where you are but I believe they operate in NSW as well.  Cheers, Mike.
spider

GO THE MIGHTY GREY MOTOR

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2003, 09:40:55 PM »

:)Thankyou once again to everyone, for there replies, and help.
Sherrif i live in queensland on the sunshinecoast, where abouts are you located.
Cheers Spider Cool
« Last Edit: March 04, 2003, 09:41:53 PM by spider » Logged
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2003, 04:24:59 AM »

Only note about NRMA Classic is that they do not cover modified vehicles.  Shannons are still the best deal for regular use modified cars, IMHO.

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Sheriff
qld-club

FEs rule!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2003, 11:46:32 AM »

Spider, am at Goondiwindi, on the  border with cockroach country, about 370ks west of Brisbane.  Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: