FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 18, 2024, 06:04:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Rego plates  (Read 19563 times)
wilburwilde

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2010, 08:19:24 PM »

Sorry NosFEratu, yeah slight misread on my part.
'
I have a friend that works in the department, might have to hit her up on some info from the horses mouth so to speak. About one and a half years ago we put a hold on the plates meaning they could not be reasigned and remained with the original owner then re-registered the FE about 9 months ago, still under mum inlaws name. So far so good.

Martin, we consulted a lawyer and they agreed that the plates needed to be in a will stating the number plates are to be bequest to a family member only, so to my wife it goes. Also we sat down and talked all about the terms and conditions on the car, being it will remain my wifes at all times and her brother was informed of these decisions and agreed. But once things are all said and done, who knows. Only time will tell and we shall take every step as it comes.

Will

I wish I had lots more money so i could fix the FE and just cruize ALL day!!
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 09:11:51 PM »

Hi Will,we are going through this exact same scenario at the moment.Back in 2006 my brother in law and I dragged my father in laws' FJ kicking and screaming from the shed it had been in since 1991 to give it a quick "clean up" for his 80th birthday.When we went to register it (and after a lot of piss farting around) they decided that because he was the original owner and that it still maintained the original plates he could purchase the rights the plates (about $100) and re register it no problem.At that time,if any of the family wanted to buy the rights to the plates it would cost us $650 (all as mentioned so far).Shortly after that the rego dept here in SA changed things (also mentioned) and we were told that to be sure the plates could stay on the car it must be mentioned in a will and only in the will so we told the father in law to be sure of what his plans were for the car and to be sure to put all the details regarding the car and the plates in his will.My father in law passed away peacefully on the 1st of march this year so as soon as we get our copy we will have to head down there and see what happens.Yeah,not a lot of help I know but same situation.I'll let you all know what happens.Cheers,Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
Martin

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2010, 01:13:36 AM »

So, Will, you've done all the homework and have got all the answers.  So what is your question about:
...when we get round to joining will it be a hassle for paperwork and the likes if it stays in her name??

When you get around to joining what?  If you're asking about joing the FE-FC Club, then I've answered that from the point of view historic registration. The owner of the car must be a club member. Anybody with an interest in FEs and FCs can join the SA club, whether the person is an owner or not.  Why not join up now?  We are at the beginning of the new club year.  PM me if you want more details about the SA club.

Martin

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2010, 10:59:54 AM »

This is disgraceful. In NSW now since the Gumment appears to have sold the RTAs number plate operation you can't even get a re issued plate in the original yellow and black anymore. You have to buy a black and white one. In the UK you can apply for your car's original plate if you can prove what it was. The restriction is that it can't be transferred to another car, this seems pretty fair to me.

As always, people talk, money screams. No wonder people get disallusioned.

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2010, 01:29:10 PM »

if the plates attached to the car can be left to you in a will, can they be gifted to you ? seems the same thing

gotta love our governments Roll Eyes
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2010, 04:14:13 PM »

In NSW you can transfer number plates (Black & Yellow) between dirrect family such as mother, father sister ,brother. And get this without cost. Just did it today at the RTA. They also said I could have them repressed if i wanted before i put them on a car, for $60. So for a change NSW wins. Some years ago now I transferred the plates from my Dads FE into my name no problem.
Cheers,
Graham
NIFFTY

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2010, 07:06:19 PM »

I HAVE JUST HEARD OFF OF A NEIGHBOUR OF MINE THAT WORKS FOR THE RTA IN NSW THAT NUMBER PLATES ARE ABOUT TO BE SOLD TO PRIVATE ENTERPRISE SO WHO KWOWS WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS $ WISE AHEAD FOR NSW PLATES
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2010, 07:38:51 PM »

In NSW you can transfer number plates (Black & Yellow) between dirrect family such as mother, father sister ,brother. And get this without cost. Just did it today at the RTA. They also said I could have them repressed if i wanted before i put them on a car, for $60. So for a change NSW wins. Some years ago now I transferred the plates from my Dads FE into my name no problem.
Cheers,
Graham

but if they repress them you don't get them in the old style and colour, they come in the crappy new colours with whatever crappy slogan stamped in them only the letters/numbers stay the same
Martin

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2010, 08:53:18 PM »

I went to the SA Gopvernment number plate auction today.  White on black numerical - SA's 1st style of plate, until a change to alpha-numeric in the mid-1960s.

Here's what happened:

40 plates were offered at auction: 10 x 3 digit - 10 x 4 digit, 10 x 5 digit and 10 x 6 digit

39 plates were sold - one passed in.

3 digit plates
10 sold.  Highest price paid $15,800, lowest $10,000, average $12,100

4 digit plates
9 sold. Highest $8,400.  Lowest $5,300.  Average $6,700.  The plate that was not sold was passed in at $4,900.  In my opinion it wasn't a special number:  SA 6420.  I'd suggest the reserve was $5,000

5 digit plates
10 sold.  Highest $7,400.  Lowest $3,600.  Average $4,770

6 digit plates
10 sold.  Highest $7,000.  Lowest $3,300.  Average $4,950

What really steams me is that the genuine preservers of SAs motoring history had to bid against wankers with pockets full of money so they could put B&W plates on their Mercs or their Nissan Skylines.

In all, the government grabbed $279,400 (gross) from this sale.

What also steams me is that at least 4 of the numbers sold (e.g. 989-989,  838-838) have never (to my knowledge) been previously issued in SA.  I am happy to be corrected, but I believe that SA numbers never went higher that the 500-000 series (i.e. 599-999)

In my opinion, people who have a genuine interest in a specific number (e.g. the original numer of the car, or it will attach to a car of the relevant period) should be able to acquire the number at a reasonable price.

(Note:  I had no interest in this auction other than as an observer.  I have my B&W plate and don't want another)

Martin

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

wilburwilde

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2010, 09:30:04 PM »

Damn, alot more expensive than i'd ever thought they'd be. We will do everything we can to hold on to these plates. And I agree that the plates should be offered to the original owner/family first, then period specific car owners and the the general public. Either way it goes, like you said it's all bout the money to the government coffers. I could never imagine spending $15800 on number plates let alone $200 plus for personalised plates.  Thanks for the heads up Martin, i'm sure everyone is as suprised.

Will

fe-ambo

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2010, 04:59:06 AM »

Been keeping an eye on this post with some interest.

I can't believe the prices people are paying for these plates. Its a simple money grabbing exercise by the government. And I agree with what Martin said in his last post about people wanting to keep the historical integrity of their vehicles and not putting them on modern vehicles.

Will, I wonder if you get your name put on the registration papers as part owner well as retain your mother in laws whether that would be a way around it.

Good luck with it all.

Cheers
Paul

If take a ride in a ambulance you gotta a chance,
if you take a ride in a hearse its gotta be worse.

Check out this website for more photos
http://gallery.oldholden.com/hr-hearse
wilburwilde

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2010, 07:50:39 AM »

Unfortunately no we cant; the part owner is already the father in-law. The mother in-law will out live him by far (medical reasons thank you). Apparently no change to the registration details can be made except by will, but it was a bit of umming and arrring.  It does not bother me that it is in her name it just makes it harder for all the paperwork, as she has no interest in participating in a club. She is happy to join in her name and maybe one compulsory meet a year, but other than that. Anyway, time is one our side. We shall sit down and talk it all over.

Is there an info pack (SA) available to view or is it only via the web??

Will

Martin

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2010, 09:01:38 PM »

Will, 

PM sent.

Martin

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

wilburwilde

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2010, 09:21:42 PM »

Martin,

Replied

Will.

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2010, 10:26:20 PM »

Just an update,after 6 months and a lot of stuffing around Transport SA has finally granted my wife with the ownership of her Dad's (my father in laws) FJ sedan including it's original Numerical SA plates due to it being listed in his will.This is after we took the will into the office and they still maintained there was no guarantee that we would get them.Then we had to send a letter explaining what was in the will plus a copy of the will to Transport SA.Then they finally sent a letter back to my mother in law (ADDRESSED TO MY FATHER IN LAW WHO IS DECEASED!!!!!!!!!!) saying that we had been granted the rights to the plates and transfer of rego! Huh Huh Huh Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Tongue Tongue.It then cost us $200 for the rights which in the whole scheme of things I thought was reasonable.What a bunch of F!#@$%# tools..... Could it possibly be more complicated?Huh?It shows that there is possibly still a minute amount of compasion mixed in with a massive amount of greed and revenue raising in our rego system.One thing I always maintain...You can't teach common sense...Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: