FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:41:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: new member with new car  (Read 20968 times)
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 09:45:53 PM »

Hey Glen.
Nice looking car.
Look forward to checking it out in person.
Interesting that it is an early car with the FC stainless.
Obviously done years after ownership.

As for the club....the next run is on April 20th, to the Narellan Steam Association open day, followed by Grey Pride at Berrima on May 18th.
There is a club meeting on beforehand om Tuesday, April 8th.

Details of the club inc meeting place etc can be found here:
http://fefcholden.org.au/nsw/content/view/26/36/

Regards
Alex

graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2008, 08:59:52 PM »

Hi Glen,
Congrats on such an unusual car,looks great in the pics.
Cheers,
Graham
fatso

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2008, 06:57:28 PM »

hi all can you please tell me where i will find the chassis number on my fe sedan as in the photos thanks in advance
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2008, 08:08:18 PM »

Glen
Well done, love the look of the car, the colour combo's are great and it looks to be in excellent condition. Hope you get many years of enjoyment oyt of the car.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2008, 07:04:56 AM »

hi all can you please tell me where i will find the chassis number on my fe sedan as in the photos thanks in advance

It's usually stamped along the rounded edge where the top of the inner guard goes from horizontal to vertical. Generally it's above the battery box, but can be as far along as above the regulator.

The numbers are only about 1/4" tall, and can be pretty hard to find.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2008, 01:27:30 PM »

Re AQ/AO etc:

Going by similar codes used on FJ ID plates, it probably relates to a code for a different supplier of the interior trim material.

cheers
RET

RET, I've been thinking about this (always a worry). If these are to do with interiors, it would seem more probable that the code might relate to the interior kit to be used so that someone knew exactly what to supply for which car? particularly if the shells were being sent interstate.

Also, I assume that cars that went to the assembly only plants, ie Brisbane and Perth, went as painted and trimmed shells? If not, I wonder how were they allocated and how the assembly plants knew what paint and trim to stock unless they were told what was coming and how many. As this is an early Sydney car, in an unusual colour, if it is close to Geoff K's Standard car, this might support this proposition?

Sorry again Fatso Tongue

John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2008, 02:20:16 PM »

John,

The only problem with that theory is that the existing 3-digit code preceding the AQ/AO entry already identifies both the colour(s) and the body-style. If you have a look at this page, you can see what I mean.

I can't pretend to know the complete logistics of how the CKD vehicles were supplied to the assembly plants, but as I understand it, Sydney manufactured sedans were shipped to Brisbane and Adelaide manufactured to Mossman Park (Perth). Yet this code only appears on Sydney cars. (Obviously vans and wagons are a different story.)

Don Loffler's books show Sydney made FJs have a very similar identifier on them which is known to relate to the trim supplier, hence the theory that Sydney made FEs continued to use this scheme.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
fatso

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2008, 12:04:13 PM »

hi all got my fe registed in nsw now. new rego is FEH-056. can anyone tell me where the NARELLAN STEAM ASSOCIATION OPEN DAY is and as i am a first timer do we meet somewhere or just turn up .i will be traveling from wollongong will it be possible to join the club on that day. thanks advance glen
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2008, 04:45:31 PM »

Glen,

I've sent you the email that went around to our members, with the details. If you're coming from Wollongong you'd be best off meeting us there I would think.

If you've printed off the application form and want to bring it on the day, no worries. If you haven't got one we can make sure someone has one for you on the day.

cheers
RET

fatso

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2008, 05:26:54 PM »

hi all due to circumstances beyound my control it is with much regret that i am offering this vehicle for sale i can be contacted on 0419017172 i am located in the wollongong area thanks in advance glen
I958GM

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2008, 05:04:54 PM »

Hey guys, l feel like everyone has just been used by this guy as he now has this car up for sale on E-bay. l think he got the information to make out he knows all about these cars???  Angry Angry >:(Have l read this the wrong way? Have a look and let me know what you think-1958GM
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2008, 05:28:17 PM »

I think Glen would have decided to sell his car for a good reason.
Hope the car finds a good home.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
fatso

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2008, 07:10:51 PM »

hi 1958gm i have a genuine reason for the sale of this vehicle and it has to do with my business. i have found people on this site to be very helpfull and as for me using every one i dont understand where you are coming .from so unless you are paying my bills please keep your comments to yourself because what you have said is far from the truth.  ps if the car sells and i wont be giving it away and my business picks i will be possibly be back in the market for another old holden and i will look on this site as 99.9% of the people have treated me with respect as i have done with cheers glen
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2008, 07:17:13 PM »

Glenn

You didn't need to post a response as your reasons for selling are yours and yours alone, but in saying that I do wish you the best with your business and hope things pick up and you are in a better position to get another car. 

Please don't feel that you are not welcome as this if for people with not only cars, but those with an interest in FE FC's.

Kathi   Cool
F4+ =^^=

NosFEratu
I958GM

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2008, 07:30:17 PM »

Glen, please except my apologies as l realise l jumped the gun in my haste to stand by all the guys who have helped me and many others with our vehicles. l too hope things go better for you and l would once again apologise for my remark.
fatso

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2008, 08:57:26 PM »

apology accepted
GEB1211

Have looked and dreamed,,,,,,,Nows the time to buy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2008, 06:27:47 PM »

Mmmmmm,,,,,,
Nice Car Glen,,,,,,

I have seen this car on E-Bay, and have been looking, ( and for a long time ) for a good standard FE/FC, so I can join this great motoring fraternity !!

Just wondering what other members think of the car, if they know anything of its previous history, as I think thats pretty important !!
I think its important to me anyway, that the car is pretty stock, matching no's etc??
I see it came down from Queensland, anyone know much of the previous owner ??

Do the other members think this is good value for this car ?? (14k at moment ??)
Look forward to your thoughts??

And good luck to u Glen, I hope you get what you want for it,,,,,

Thanks
Geoff
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2008, 09:04:36 PM »

Can't find it - anyone got a link to it?

Thanks.

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
crossply

Paul Reyntjes
View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2008, 09:31:56 PM »

Ebay Item #Item number: 300232414927
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2008, 12:34:00 AM »

Try this link to the car, good luck with the sale Geoff, nice car

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FE-Holden-Business-Sedan-1956-Holden_W0QQitemZ300232414927QQihZ020QQcategoryZ101895QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gary
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: