FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:37:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Heater wanted for FC  (Read 2560 times)
OldGMHolden
« on: December 28, 2012, 06:40:45 PM »

Hey everybody,

I'm after a heater for my FC.
Appearance is not ALL that important, as I intend to refurbish it but the case must be in restorable condition, and core should be intact.
Please PM or Email me with photos and price.

Cheers and Season's Greetings,
Ol' Gaz
IFC.58

I love volkswagons too

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 08:56:10 PM »

Hey mate what's your email
I can send you some picks
Of a heater I was you going to use
Or mob number ill mms you some pics

hey my name is terry  i,m from brisbane
you,ll see me in my blue 58 fc wagon or
my other love a big red offroad baja vw
subaru powered and built to go anywhere
wave if you see me next time
OldGMHolden
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 11:04:11 AM »

Hi Terry,
Email Sent.
Cheers,
Ol'Gaz
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 11:48:44 AM »

Hey guys can i get a look at that heater unit.When i bought my van around 30 years ago it was a one owner dealership  demo vehicle ie. it had all the extras.Fold away dicky seat ,under dash tray,taxi rail,gun rack and a heater demister.This heater is a smiths .Not unusual ,but in the last few years I have restored 2 1948-49 vauxhall caleche. These are the fold down windshield, cut away door convertables that holden built at Fishermans Bend .Here is the interesting bit .They have the same heater unit.Also noticed, in the fourdoor of the same model [first model after the war ,the slide up window handles [catch] is the same as the ones on my sliding windows in my panel van[vanette, sport wagon].Iwonder weather the guru can tell me what he thinks these vehicles were sold[marketed] as?  getsumm@bigpond.com
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 05:24:43 PM »

Hsv, firstly the FE & FC basic round heater with 2 doors as sold from the dealership was a Nasco unit copied from a Preslite model which was identical apart from having "PRESLITE" on the LH door instead of "NASCO" The Smiths heater was an aftermarket unit often fitted by owners in the 50's / 60's because it was cheaper. There are quite a lot of versions of different heaters fitted to FE FC - some Smiths models such as the full flow luxury unit was sold as a genuine accessory.
The accessory of the month section shows all these heaters beautifully.
It would not be surprising to see a Smiths heater in a Vauxhall as it is an English heater and would possibly be standard equipment in the Vauxhall.
Re the window handles, since the vanettes were done by body builders, they would source parts from wherever they could, the builders may have in fact bought Vauxhall items from the dealership because they fitted.
My FE 3 door vanette had the same sliding window handle - mine was built by E J Baileys of West Bruswick.
Ken

Ken
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 07:06:09 PM »

yeah. I have seen the old bee hive type in fx-fj and had  the smaller round steel two door in a ek but was not sure if it was available in either larger or small version in 57-59.Reguarding dealers putting vauxhall and other non standard items as trim i have a "E"model vauxhall front guard wind splitter as a centre bonnet emblem which was purchased on ebay from seller who swore it was on his fe ute when bought new.These wind splitters are smaller than fe sedan but seen only in photo are nearly identical it looks better than original and with a quality finish  .In your 3 door does it have any roof supports between the interior light support and the one at the upper tail gate hinges?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: