FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:12:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Weber Air filter base  (Read 2611 times)
Burnsy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 30, 2005, 12:57:24 PM »

Hi all, I am chasing a second air filter base the same as this one.  It measures 172 x 109mm.  Condition is not important and I only need the base but if anyone has a complete unit (or two) I would be interested.  I plan on casting some period style finned alloy tops to match the manifold and my Rocker cover but I would rather have two bases to start with.

Thanks,
mike

PS Do you like my dining table centre piece - my wife did Wink

Mike
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 09:02:01 PM »

Can't help, Mike. But I love the centre piece. The little mat displays the mainifold & carbs beautifully. All you need is a couple of daffodills down the throats.
I have tried this, even at one stage setting up the Norman as a centre piece, but my wife does not seem to share my imagination. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Seriously though, would be keen to see how you go with those cast parts. Something I have always wanted to do, but the foundry down here isn't into smaller works & the one up North is just that, up north & too far away.

Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
jezz
wa-club

an engine would be nice, saves pushing the wagon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 01:43:46 AM »

mike,
I'll check the shed I used to have one on my dato.
still with weber attached
will let you know...
Jezz
Burnsy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 08:46:38 AM »

The little mat displays the mainifold & carbs beautifully. All you need is a couple of daffodills down the throats.

Rob J

Like this, maybe I can enter it in an art show!!  I call it "The Romance of the Car Enthusiast".  Now I just need a video camera to capture Erin's reaction Wink

Jezz I hope you havn't got one still attached to a carby - it has taken me 12 months to find a set of DCD carbies to fit - the new one in the pic is a different model and is just sitting there to look good until the second DCD arrives in a few days.  If you have got a base that you want to part with could you bring it Sunday?

Cheers,
Burnsy
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 08:47:23 AM by Burnsy » Logged

Mike
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 10:02:32 AM »

Oh Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarling! Kiss Kiss

That is soooooooooooo sweet. Man, I gotta do that & see what my Wife says Shocked Shocked

I am sure yours will love it....not.

Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
jezz
wa-club

an engine would be nice, saves pushing the wagon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 12:27:15 AM »

um...  Roll Eyes it's still connected to the carby, it's a Weber DGA 32/36 from memory, pulled it out of the shed yesterday.
it has got surface rust from the poor factory chroming, I'll bring it on Sunday for you to have a squiz

It's even got a dust coated filter and 2 of the clips to hold it together. Smiley

Jezz
Burnsy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 12:53:17 PM »

Bump......... still after one of these , search your sheds.  

Jezz the one you gave me is too long, same brand - borg warner I think, but different.  I will bring it back to you at the meeting next week.

PS carbies and manifold are still on the table Smiley, flowers are long gone though.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 12:54:36 PM by Burnsy » Logged

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: