FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:48:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Board Upgrade  (Read 3537 times)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« on: February 13, 2002, 01:49:07 AM »

Unless you're blind and someone is reading this to you, you might notice the boards look quite different!  The board software has been upgraded to YaBB 1 - SP1.  I have done some limited testing, and it seems to be OK.  I would appreciate if you could send me an IM or an email if you discover anything broken.

Holden Together,
Richard

admin@fefcholden.org.au
« Last Edit: February 13, 2002, 01:50:33 AM by ret » Logged

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Michael Denny
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2002, 06:26:20 AM »

Hi Richard can you tell me why every time I try to login it keeps telling me I don't exist I try to re register to no avail   thanks Michael
HRDivivan
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2002, 11:03:01 PM »

Hey Michael,
                    I found that the login was "Case-sensitive" so be sure to put any capitals in you log-in.
GT
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2002, 11:48:08 PM »

You also need to have your browser set to allow cookies.  Check the security settings.  There is a "Michael" and a "Michael_D" registered, so I presume one of them is you.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2002, 11:56:07 PM »

Richard,
im a huge fan of the chat, but the upgrade seems to make each page load really slow, is there a setting in my imac which could help, or is there something else amiss?

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2002, 04:47:46 AM »

Ed,

I am not having that problem this afternoon, but it was slow this morning - maybe zeta's servers were overloaded (all those FE chatters Grin)

RET

FEHOLDEN

like all good things...it will happen eventually.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2002, 10:04:18 AM »

GIDDAY RET

I JUST LOGGED STRAIGHT ON WITH NO TROUBLE BUT DID NOTICE THAT IT SEEMED A LITTLE SLOWER THAN I AM USED TO.

LOVE THE NEW COLOURS, KEEP THE IMPROVMENTS UP!

DENIS
fcfromscratch
wa-club

FC - Fantastic Cars

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2002, 03:24:39 PM »

Richard,

because I'm 3hrs behind, I tend to use "10 Most Recent Posts" a lot.  Since the upgrade, I'm seeing black text on dark grey background in the message boxes in this part of the BB.  The rest of the pages I visit seem to be OK.

Brad
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2002, 11:12:58 PM »

That's odd - it's almost like it's using some of the previous layout and styles.  I'll have a look and see if I can improve it a bit.

Bear in mind that if/when you log in (or 'stay logged in') the folder and thread heading icons show whether that board or thread has new posts since you last visited.

cheers
RET

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: