FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 16, 2024, 10:39:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Slightly over sprung  (Read 2920 times)
SEB

Three on the tree, 132 CI and 3.89:1

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2002, 08:28:23 AM »

Greetings,

My FC Ute is slightly over sprung in the rear for the 9.8Kg's of payload that is usually carries about. Has anyone ever replaced the Ute leaf springs with station wagon or sedan springs ? What was the result?

Best regards,

Steve.
gree

chopped greens

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2002, 10:03:42 AM »

a friend of mine just replaced his rear ute springs with sedan ones. it sits quite a bit lower which is a plus; but it isn't running yet so i don't know about the ride..... but i am sure it will be better because i am pretty sure he said that the ute spring had more leaves in it. (i am sure i will be corrected if i am wrong)

simon
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2002, 04:20:54 AM »

Utes have 6 leaves, wagons 5 & sedans 4.
If you're not going to carry much at all in the back of your ute sedan springs will be OK, but I would reccommend wagon springs as probably the best of both worlds - you wont be able to carry a full load, but you will be able to carry half a load.

Ken
SEB

Three on the tree, 132 CI and 3.89:1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2002, 09:29:20 AM »

Thanks,

So it seems that the 5 leaf springs are the best alternative. After checking the manual,  I have discovered that the Ute front coils are slightly shorter with a higher rate, but the manual does not give any rates for the rear springs. Anybody have some figures on this ?

Best regards,

Steve.
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2002, 08:44:22 PM »

Steve,

If you're in Sydney, there's a wagon in Pick n payless Blacktown ready to donate its springs.

It's been vultured badly and that is about all that's remaining of the poor girl.

Ed

in the shed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: