FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:11:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 3.36 diff ratio,,,where do you find it?  (Read 7873 times)
Gary C
wa-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2009, 10:13:38 PM »

Just need a bit of help regarding the 3.36 diff, does anyone know what model to look for?. Iam currently working in a remote community that has a wide range of holden wrecks, most have no axles but a lot have diff centres. They are hard to get to so some indication on what models may have that ratio would be very helpfull, thanks Gary C

jasonr70002

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 10:52:54 PM »

HK to HZ had 3.36 ratios in them and they should have the ratio on the collar behind the yolk but take a wire brush as they might be hard to see.
Jason

Golden Holdens FE-FC
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 11:14:19 PM »

HD and HR auto also have 3.36 ratio

Ken
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 12:59:22 PM »

Gary C,
I worked for GMH for some time years ago. The rule of thumb is early holdens 3.36 auto and 3.55 manual.
Later holdens 2.78 auto and 3.08 manual.
But remember these vehicles are so old now that they may have had diff changes by now.
Regards Brett
Gary C
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 03:45:59 PM »

Thanks for the info, when I head back there next week I'll try and find the markings and hope that they are still servicable,thanks Gary C
spanner

Model: FE

Mackay QLD

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 04:28:42 PM »

Would love to see more photos of the wrecks. Any chance? I went through some of the outback towns of WA many years ago and remember piles of old cars along the way.
Graham
Gary C
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 05:31:07 PM »

no worries Spanner, I will be back there next tuesday and will post some pics in " other images" when I get service again. Gary C
Gary C
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 12:29:40 AM »

The hr in the first pic actually had the diff I was after and it looks pretty good, I just wonder if they get brittle or fatigued while basking in the Kimberley sun and the Fitzroy River flood for 30-40 years? Hate to drop it in my rebuilt diff and it shatters! Anyway thanks fellas I now know where to find em. Gary C
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 09:11:01 PM »

I pretty sure the sun wont hurt them, but I would be a little concerned if the diff has been under water for a length of time. There is a vent hole at the top which is basically open to atmospere.

Ken
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 11:12:22 PM »

If the diff looks clean and in good condition when you get it out  I would replace the pinion seal before installing in your car.......FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: