FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:49:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: It has begun,but will it continue...?  (Read 426652 times)
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2008, 01:55:27 PM »

Hi Jamie,

I echo Wayno's sentiments, This thread is an inspiration to most of us who realise that all it takes is a little bit of skill and more importantly the preparedness to give it a go, well done so far, it's going to be great to see it finished.

Keith
F4+
 Wink

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2008, 08:12:19 PM »

All you guys and girls love the pictures and I love the comments.Especially when you have professionals tell you that they love your work.I always try to do my best even if it takes a bit longer and am also trying to do it all for the least amount of cash without compromising quality (I don't believe in bogging up rust,it only comes back to bite you later).Thankyou for all your kind replies and comments,more soon.Jamie  Cool.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2008, 08:35:16 PM »

Hi all,back again.Sorry it's been a while.Got a bit side tracked over the last few weeks and have been doing all sorts of bits and pieces on the Black FC.Stripped,repaired,deoxidined,primed and high filled the passenger side back door.Started dismantling the front end and motor so that it can go away for sand blasting (not the motor).Want to try and finish off the metal work on the shell this weekend then start on the front end and diff.Here's some more.

More soon.Cheers,Jamie.

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2008, 05:58:02 PM »

Hi All.Whilst I acknowledge that you are all very sick of seeing me post more pictures of rust repairs,I figured that they are all progress shots....This is the last of the rust to be cut out of the shell before it goes back on it's wheels as the only other bits it has are around the area where the rotisserie bolts on.Will be seam sealing and painting the underside of the car this week so stay tuned for more photos soon.Jamie.

Hopefully some substantially more exciting photos soon. Wink

FCOV6

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2008, 06:04:34 PM »

I'm now starting to think myself lucky that my FC had less rust than most 10 yo commodores, my first car was an EH that had less rust than most on here and i scrapped it  Roll Eyes
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2008, 07:31:39 PM »

hey jamie, mate you are doing a fantastic job and i for one am not sick of seeing these photos if anything they are inspirational and educational.

keep up the good work

cheers
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2008, 07:58:51 PM »

What Dean said, the view count speaks for itself (currently ranked 13th)
Keep up the good work.

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2008, 08:19:52 PM »

Jamie,

Just you keep them photo's coming. I echo Dean and Stinky's sentiments and am not in the slightest bit bored. Inspired would be a much better word, it is great to see what you are doing, and how you are going about it. I think that there are a lot of guys like me who would have got a panel beater to do their car and  have realised that, with a little skill and the ability to want to have a fair dinkum go, most people can achieve what you have done.

Keep them photo's coming. I look forward to the next batch of progress shots.

Keith
F4+
 Wink

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2008, 10:47:35 PM »

Wot they all said Jamie.

You're doing a fabulous job, she should look a treat when she's done.

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
waynos

patience grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2008, 06:25:57 PM »

please dont ever stop those photos coming,most people are too lazy or cant do it (like me cause my crap pc is too slow) 
i am sure everyone who has done this before appreciates what you are doing and anyone who hasn't, is truely inspired.
thanks waynos

The grinder is mightier than the sword.
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2008, 08:54:44 PM »

Ok then...maybe it's just me that's sick of posting more photos of rust repairs (not that I don't want to post photos,just a bit over rust repairs) Smiley .Anyway,I guess the best part is that I have nearly finished this time consuming part of the build.Have spent the last couple nights preparing the underside for seam sealer and have wire wheeled off all of Rare Spares cheap black paint (it's not primer and it just flakes off).Will post more soon.

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2008, 10:32:53 PM »

Well,the last couple of nights have been reasonably productive and I have managed to get all the cheap black paint off the floor pans and have reprimed the whole bottom of the car.Also managed to finish sealing the ends of the sills (and yes,I know it probably doesn't look original but I have nothing to go by..and it looks neat!).Will be seam sealing over the weekend and then painting the underneath.After that,I'll start cleaning up the diff and front end.More soon.

Cheers,Jamie.

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2008, 07:55:58 AM »

Hey Jamie,

Really enjoying the buildup pics.

nice work

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
lucky_gwen

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2008, 08:50:33 PM »

Hi there, I'm new to the forum and just finished reading through this thread. You are a genius on what you have done to that black FC. I have a sedan on my front lawn with probably about the same amount of rust and once we strip off any good parts, off to the scrap metal yard.

Good work

Cheers
Janette
Neil FE Van

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2008, 11:19:41 PM »

Scrapmetal is a swear word ,you just dont have the passion.

Cheers Neil
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2008, 09:45:15 AM »

I was actualy thinking what a great shell you have scored jamie, most of us dream of finding something with that little rust, keep up the good work and keep the pics coming.
                                  Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2008, 02:01:58 PM »

Sorry Jamie not trying to take over your post but i thought you might find this amusing.

Now this is rust.

Pedro

F4+
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 10, 2008, 07:45:57 PM »

Yes Pedro,I remember seeing those pics in your thread and was more amazed than amused.That would take a bit of work to recover... Huh.I am surprised that you say my car has little rust as I have looked at quite a few threads with many cars having a lot less than mine and have thought how lucky they are!Particularly another Black FC...Anyway,that's all behind me now.Have completely dismantled,painted and am ready to reassemble the diff and brakes which I hope to do over this weekend so more photos in the next couple of days.Cheers,Jamie.

pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 10, 2008, 09:01:17 PM »

Just went and had a look through all the progress pics of your rebuild Jamie, shit I'd forgotten all the rust work you have done (must be getting old),I definately take back what i said about you starting with a good shell, It's a credit to you though, you did that good a job it's really hard to pick that anything has been done.
             Pedro

F4+
hukuna

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2008, 09:34:54 PM »

MATE you are one seriously A man that is going to great a nice car love your work
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: