FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 16, 2024, 01:42:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: yes just wasting space...  (Read 6555 times)
gwuthie

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2010, 06:03:02 PM »

Don't know how to get a photo up using a mac, so tried this...

got any suggestions?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 06:13:07 PM by gwuthie » Logged
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 06:57:27 PM »

You've done everything right apart from putting in a URL(web address) to an actual photo. You are 99% there.

gwuthie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 08:41:58 PM »

Well, I've got the photos onto tinypic so here goes.

Bought this about 2 yrs ago

I had lost my licence at the time so my brother in law drove it home. I drove it down the drivewaya couple of times and then it was parked in the shed.

Got the engine, trans and crossmember out in one foul swoop.  Cheesy

Stripped off all the panels, doors, carpet, seats, diff .....
http://i43.tinypic.com/16hoxhv.jpg

Bought a 'rotisserie' from the same place as a couple of the other guys here  Smiley Wink Grin

Found that floors, sills etc had been done but not really a prof job. Just needs a tidy up.

That'll do for now.
gwuthie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 12:08:39 AM »

Continuing...

The front sub frame appears to be real good. But due to earlier repairs the pro decieded to weld the  arms on Roll Eyes
Only a little rust around the rear wheel arches and rear 'beaver?' and boot seal lip.

Some things have developed in the last few months and it seams I'll be moving overseas this year. So this will be a 2 stage build,... for now I'll just be getting some wheels back on so it's a roller. (maybe mount the engine if time permits).

will have some progress photos 2moro.
newman

The older I get, the faster I was !!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 09:11:10 AM »

Mate you are on the right track, Wink Just don't make the mistake if you end up overseas longer than planned of selling the project (you'll always regret it). I know that due to working away and having part built projects when I was younger I sold a couple of cars that I now regret,my son built a WB ute and every now and then he got frustrated and said he'll sell it. I told him to throw a cover over it and walk away from it for a while, it must have worked as he's still got it and glad he didn't sell.

Good luck with the FC Cool
FCOV6

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 06:47:43 PM »

Mate you are on the right track, Wink Just don't make the mistake if you end up overseas longer than planned of selling the project (you'll always regret it). I know that due to working away and having part built projects when I was younger I sold a couple of cars that I now regret,my son built a WB ute and every now and then he got frustrated and said he'll sell it. I told him to throw a cover over it and walk away from it for a while, it must have worked as he's still got it and glad he didn't sell.

Good luck with the FC Cool

Too right, i bought my FC back in 85 and then did about 60% of the current mods to it. Then in late 90 i went overseas for a 6 month holiday and came back 4 years later, the FC sat in my dads 12 car garage under a cover up on axle stands untill last weekend - thats right it hasnt moved in 20 years and not much in 25 years. Shocked .

Luckily i never believed it was a financial proposition to sell it so it has sat there all that time . I have gathering parts for an update for the last 18 months and last Sunday it hit the ground for the first time in 20 years. Here it is as it sits today -

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: