FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:10:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 48   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Ute  (Read 515195 times)
FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 03, 2014, 06:56:53 PM »

pete just remember re floor x2 as ive got to do one for my ute . Looking good when are you starting on your extractors im keen to see what you do
regards fatboy

fatboy
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 03, 2014, 07:10:27 PM »

im thinking of  sending it out to do exhaust as the painter wants it now.

FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 03, 2014, 07:36:50 PM »

Not mucking around where did you get your merge collectors from
fatboy

fatboy
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 03, 2014, 08:15:10 PM »

Off ebay ill sell em if you want them as im going back to twin 2/1/2 system not 3 inch ...

there 1/7/8 which is 2mm under 1/3/4 so you can flare em 2 mm to slip over your extractor tubes.

Pete

CraigFC

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 09, 2014, 01:44:55 PM »

You can send your floor pieces to the powder coaters to get the wood grain finish, just an option. Not one that I would do but if you like the look then why not!  Roll Eyes
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 15, 2014, 05:27:49 AM »

For anyone after another handbrake option to the under dash type .
I ordered a lokar fully adjustable handbrake setup with adaptors for corvette /commodore brakes.
Cables come in 96in lengths just cut to the desired length.
A small slot is all thats needed next to the drivers seat.
All bought from summit they do under dash ones as well but not what im looking for in the ute.
http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/lok-ec-81fc/overview/
http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/lok-ec-81fu/overview/
http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/lok-xehb7000f/overview/

Hopefully this will be here next week.
The commodore cables hard to tidy up so hopefully this sorts it.
Or if you want to run a commodore diff with stock handbrake cable you should be able to just use the adaptors just cut the long sprins off your cables at the drum end

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

Model: FC

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 15, 2014, 10:59:20 AM »

I've got this handbrake set up in my FC - albeit the chrome version. In hindsight I would have preferred the black version.

Cheers,

Josh.
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 15, 2014, 12:17:51 PM »

...and I'm going to Cable-Mate to sort out a handbrake cable. The handbrake was a bit of a headache to install - the previous floor mount had to be butchered for the Lokar setup to fit.
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 15, 2014, 06:25:30 PM »

Doesn't look to be much difference between those and a corolla handbrake from your local wreckers . Someone might find this interesting. The ends on the commodore cables are identical to my 1960 VW beetle which has two separate cables ,left and right similar to LC-LJ torana with them being longer on the left hand side and the front being threaded rods .Obviously the VW is metric and the Torana is UNF. Just right if anyone is putting a commodore diff in a torana . Anyway, back on the subject .I would just fit a early jap centre handbrake lever by cutting a hole and welding a predrilled plate with captured nuts into the floor to strengthen it then take my commodore cable somewhere and get it shortened or remade . Haydn
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 16, 2014, 10:35:44 AM »

Doesn't look to be much difference between those and a corolla handbrake from your local wreckers.

Although arguably, the Lokar one looks better. Sometimes I'm more a fan of style over substance, however, as my April deadline to finish the car looms and money is evaporating rapidly as a consequence, cheap solutions look more attractive.

The ends on the commodore cables are identical to my 1960 VW beetle which has two separate cables ,left and right similar to LC-LJ torana with them being longer on the left hand side and the front being threaded rods .Obviously the VW is metric and the Torana is UNF. Just right if anyone is putting a commodore diff in a torana .

Great tip - I will check out how such an idea works with my Centura diff - cheers Haydn.

Regards,

Josh.
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 16, 2014, 03:54:58 PM »

Guys I am using the commodore centre handbrake as I used the whole commodore floor hump in my sedan.
I used the commodore cable, cut it so that I had the right length and then took it to a company called Flexible Drive Agencies the branch here in Perth sent it to their big workshop in Melbourne and they made me a complete new cable including outers cost about $260 I think, fits up great and works well.

Regards
Neil H
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 16, 2014, 04:58:45 PM »

Yeah, Flexible Drive are here in Brissy also . They were handy when they did work from there shop at Coopers Plains while you waited , but now they send all their work to Melbourne . Means two trips of over one hour each . But my only advice is to go to the wreckers and get a simple centre pull handbrake [most jap cars],mount it on the floor , go to your hardware store and get a turnbuckle and bolt it to a clevis for adjustment then hook your handbrake cable on one side and mark the length on the other side with some masking tape and take it to flexi drive and they can put an end at the correct length . As for that commodore floor and hump and handbrake ,last time I put a commodore floor in a FC I found it slightly narrow and had to leave some of the existing floor at the sills so when I welded the floor in the hump was too high at the dash and looked hideous . So I'm guessing that your floor is welded lower down your sills or as I did section the hump at the front . I would not use a commodore handbrake on a early floor pan , there are better ones out there. Haydn
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 29, 2014, 08:27:15 PM »

Exhaust done.
Pete at newcastle muffelers at bennets green did a fantastic job so neat and clean headers are 13/4 into 2 2inch then into 3 inch
3 inch cats
Back to 23/4 nice little dumps

Because I got it put up so high im going to modify the gearbox crossmember so it goes thru it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 29, 2014, 09:04:52 PM »

Great job Pete

When is it off to the paint shop?  Wink

FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 29, 2014, 09:22:34 PM »

Soon.
Booked in to blast in a fortnight.
Tubbs this weekend

fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 29, 2014, 09:41:21 PM »

That's a real tidy setup, I like the way they have taken the headers down between the engine and chassis rail. I think it looks a hell of a lot neater than going through the inner guards. The whole package looks like it was meant to be there.
Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 29, 2014, 09:55:09 PM »

That's a real tidy setup, I like the way they have taken the headers down between the engine and chassis rail. I think it looks a hell of a lot neater than going through the inner guards. The whole package looks like it was meant to be there.
Jim
tell him i'm coming!!!!

fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 29, 2014, 10:03:33 PM »

Nes, do you mean you want to get your exhaust done as well?
Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 29, 2014, 11:39:19 PM »

Nes, do you mean you want to get your exhaust done as well?
Jim
Ahh yeah

FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 30, 2014, 12:23:36 AM »

NES

You might have found someone for those headers!!  Shocked Shocked
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 48   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...