FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:03:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Ute Hard deck covers  (Read 3425 times)
reddo

its gottab holden -  ok!!!

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2007, 11:19:32 AM »

Hi All

Does anyone know of anyone who custom makes hinge up hard deck tonneau covers for old utes.  Huh Roll Eyes Huh Roll Eyes Huh Roll Eyes
Perhaps one off a late model ute can be customised..( cut down the middle and narrowed/widened) to suit older utes. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Reddo
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 11:26:42 AM »

Do a search as there was one done recently (within the last year), I think it was a late model one that was cut-down.

reddo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 12:59:29 PM »

Hi stinky
Thanks for that .
found it.
http://fefcholden.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,5056.20.html
Reddo
Chuck

Finished!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 02:13:11 PM »

Reddo

The tonneau in the pics in this post: http://fefcholden.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,11634.0.html was made by Hardcover in Bemboka, NSW.  Their number is 02 6493 0334.  Sorry I don't have any better pictures of it as these are the only ones I have of the car.

Cheers

Chuck

“So yes it has changed my life.  I can remember when I had a wife, a mortgage and a dog; I don’t have any 3 of those things any longer…”  Dr Gregory W Frazier
reddo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 02:41:06 PM »

Whoooooooooooooaaaa Shocked
That is a bute ute.

I notice that the front edge of the deck is trimmed back to allow it to hinge up without biting into the metal behind the back window. This seems to be a problem highlighted in the thread i dug up when i searched for info about these covers.
Is it water tight across the front edge??
I wouldnt mind having a go at making one out of 12 mm marine ply  Undecided seal it with a good primer and then cover it with vinyl..
My thoughts would be to put a slight "crown in it . say about 12mm at the peak in the middle to help shed off any water. I seem to remeber seeing one that is very similar to the bemboka covers but it had about 6mm of medium density foam stuck on it , then covered in vinyl . looked cool and was sorta spongey when ya pushed down on it.
Maybe this is the way all new hard tarps are.. i dunno . i see a lot of em getting around but have never actually had a close look ( or touch).

Anyway Chuck. Thanks for the pix. Love your work
Reddo
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 05:16:53 PM »

I think Craig Wilson from the NSW Club knows someone who has a ute with a fresh cover on it. It was at the last All Holden Day.

From what I recall of the conversation it was a real trial & error story resulting in the use of a turret or 2 of donor vehicles  Shocked
GMH-O57(FLASH BACK 57)
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 07:08:39 PM »

I think Craig Wilson from the NSW Club knows someone who has a ute with a fresh cover on it. It was at the last All Holden Day.

From what I recall of the conversation it was a real trial & error story resulting in the use of a turret or 2 of donor vehicles  Shocked
y yes  dad knows his mate built one from scratch il see if i an dig up some pictures  here is before it was on the car and painted

and a piture i tookat my sisters formal where u can see it on the car

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: