FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:13:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Sedan Hood Lining  (Read 2362 times)
Muz
nsw-club

Model: FC

C:\Users\Evan\Desktop\fc\FC.JPG

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2010, 05:13:03 AM »

Help needed! I have a hood lining no rips good condition but has discolouring ,it is blue in colour and i need it either cleaned and
resprayed if possable or renewed . Any suggestions on where to go (be nice) Undecided Cheers
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 08:06:32 AM »

Your biggest problem will be the stitching, if the hoodlining is in the car leave it there as the stitching probably wouldn't take another installation and rips will happen. You can buy vinyl spray but I doubt you would get a blue in any shade  Undecided.

stephen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 07:18:52 PM »

Hi Muz .. You might want to try Grease Blaster by Auto King, ( MITRE 10 have it) then a polish by Auto Glym called Vinyl & Rubber Care .. BUT .. before spraying on a large part, we recommend to try a spot check with the Grease Blaster on a small area not seen first .. it is really good stuff, but powerful .. we did all our original vinyl upholstery and door trims when they were out of the car .. and it looks like they it just came out of the factory .. we ( my wife) will be trying some on our  roof lining on the weekend as we have a few small stains as well we will try to get off,  .. we did the sun visors, they are made of the same material as the roof lining and they were filthy, but came up as new with the Grease Blaster ..hope this helps .. Regards Stepheno
Muz
nsw-club

Model: FC

C:\Users\Evan\Desktop\fc\FC.JPG

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 04:45:41 AM »

Thanks ill try that Grease Blaster (fingers crossed) Cheers
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 07:27:24 AM »

Hey Muz,
I cleaned a headlining in 1 of my cars with Sunlight soap and a nail brush. Works a treat jut need to do a small section at a time.
cheers,
Graham
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: