FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:53:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: tall red motor rocker cover  (Read 4866 times)
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2009, 07:17:51 PM »

i am after a tall red motor rocker cover in SYDNEY
 some aftermarket rocker covers are taller to allow for roller rockers, it would most likely be chrome.
 any condition if the price is right and it hasnt been run over by a truck and doesnt have 202 written on the top

Rusty_T
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 01:43:23 PM »

Leon,

How tall is tall. I have a couple in the shed (3 Red ones and a chrome one). I'm in Penrith.

Rusty

CraigA
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 01:53:13 PM »

Hey Leon,

American Auto's have tall chrome ones for about $40.00 and your roller rockers will fit no problems. They use a push in style 710 cap.

I have one spare but am heading overseas in the morning so couldn't get it to you until week after next.

I just bought a KC alloy one which is the best cover to use and it was about $200.00. I was in American Auto's yesterday and they had both black and polished versions in stock, as well as the plain covers mentioned above.

Send me a P.M if you can wait until I come back and I'll drop my new spare one to you for $30.00 and I'll include a brand new cap. (offer is for Leon only.....)

Cheers,

Craig.

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 07:45:42 PM »

i have the KC, it doesnt clear the guide plates, they fit with reds heads becuase  they dont need guide plates i have a sheetmetal alloy cover on at the moment but you have to tilt it to get it off and i wont be able to tilt it without removing the blower wich is going on real soon.
 i am after one tonight or tomorrow.
 i have a feeling the thinner walls of a pressed steal one will fit, i just dont want one with 202 written on it, mines a HP, if ithe chrome is rusty i will just sand it and paint it 2k.

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 09:04:26 PM »

this is what is in there now

craig, if i can meet you at your house early hours in the morning or i might go check out rusty's, reason is i am waiting to make a idler pulley bracket and the way i make it depends on what rocker cover i can use.

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 08:33:45 AM »

Leon,

How tall is tall. I have a couple in the shed (3 Red ones and a chrome one). I'm in Penrith.

Rusty

a tall one is taller than a standard one, i think the extra clearance in height required for the rockers is about 1/4 inch

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 08:12:59 PM »

i got one from the local robbos, quality looks poor and it was $10 dearer than american autos but American autos were shut and $10 fuel away.

CraigA
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 12:39:18 AM »

Didn't see your post Leon and now in Japan. Glad you got a cover though.

Looking forward to seeing your car with the blower on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: