FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:47:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Holden FE 1958 Standard Sedan - new project  (Read 6126 times)
Nancy

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2012, 12:54:38 PM »

Hi All

As a new member of this forum I would like to introduce my latest project car Miss FE.  She was purchased on 23rd December 2012 and arrived home on 24th December 2012.  She is stock standard, original, unrestored and has no rust and she is a beaut with nothing missing. Has been sitting around for a very long time (23 years the owner advised) not being used or loved. Now for the specs/data.

FE-215-6094-A (6,094th made, Adelaide manufacture)
Trim 166-673 (Fall Red)
Paint 253-7455 (Cuban Beige)
Engine No. L 438888
Body No. 8 70 331B (Brisbane assembly)
Miles - 08,689.0

She has a speco shift already in her (looks professionally installed), original Holden floor mats although torn in places but can see the Holden emblem still, everything lights up on dash and gauges move. She turns over although on purchase the motor was thought to be seized but with a little bit of working she started to turn. She turns over by key strongly so fingers crossed we get her running officially.  We also found she has had a brown roof (Russett Brown) although she was never stamped on the plate as such.

Plan is to lightly restore her and not go for the big overhaul, just enough to be presentable and driveable for cruising.

Would love to hear from any forum members if the data provided above is incorrect or can be confirmed as correct. I would really like to get the info right on her.

So now for some pics.....

(as first seen)                                                                                                                (at home)

(interior)                                                                                                                       (brown roof top)

ridgey_didge
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 01:07:14 PM »

Welcome to the forum Nancy. 

That's an interesting car. It would have been one colour only, and the roof colour would have been added at some stage stage.

My FE Special is in those colours - go to http://fefcholden.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,8744.msg51869.html#msg51869 to see what your colours look like on my car.

I'll be following your light resto with great interest.

Cheers
David

Nancy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 02:42:49 PM »

Thanks David for the welcome.  I am looking forward to tapping into the knowledge of all the forum members here to assist with any issues that may come up.

We thought the brown top was an after-thought.  I checked out your FE and what a great looking car.  The 2 tone does look nice.

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 05:05:30 PM »

Nancy - a very interesting car numbers wise.
I would like you to confirm the body number and the chassis number if you will please.

I believe the chassis number is probably 8-20331 B
This makes it the highest chassis number recorded from the Brisbane plant - so it is important to get the number right (to me anyway).
Not only that but the body number 6053 is also the highest number for an Adelaide 215 body as well. So once again it is important to be right.
Your car is only the 2nd recorded Brisbane assembled 215 from an Adelaide body - most were built fron Sydney bodies.
Your car is only the 3rd 215 in Cuban Beige I have recorded. Cuban Beige is a very rare colour.
Engine number is correct for the car and shows it to be a March 1958 car - (in the last 600 or so FE's made) as the first FC engine was L439507.
From my point of view - very interesting - thanks for sharing

Ken
Royal
qld-club

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 05:40:56 PM »

Hey Nancy  Welcome, looks like a real good start you have, I  am  a member of the Qld club so if you need any info just PM me as I only live in Laidley not far from you and if the club members can help we certainly will.   Roy

Just  "HOLDEN " on
Nancy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 08:21:21 AM »

Thanks Ken for the details, I have taken a pic of the compliance plate which shows the correct numbers.  I had the wrong chassis number, couldn't read it properly, you are correct it is 8-20331 B and the ID tag shows the body number as 6094.  So I'm a bit confused regarding the 6053 being the highest numbered body out of Adelaide.  Hope you can clarify further.

Hi Roy, Thanks for the welcome I'll be sure to get in contact when I have a query.

Best regards, Nancy

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 01:07:18 PM »

Sorry, I wrote the wrong number, 6053 was the highest number I had recorded, so yours at 6094 is now the highest number. Thanks for confirming the chassis number.
I have now entered your car's details into the database  Smiley

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: