FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:07:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Bargain ;-)  (Read 9862 times)
HAD 708

Model: FE

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2004, 04:59:10 AM »

Pretty amazing heh!!! Though if people will pay it??!!! Craig look forward to your postcards from your small African nation and regular photo shop!!!
Brett

Brett Gillard
Hewart
nsw-club

Model: FC

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2004, 10:37:03 AM »

I happen to have (or had rather) one of these number plate frames on my FC – the Mrs thinks I should sell it now Roll Eyes

I guess Doug was right about it cracking the 400 mark... good call! And RET, not sure if the second one in the set would be worth as much (Quote: Part number M31957.  Price when new: 1/3/6 per set) as it doesn't have the "Holden" scrit on it... just plain, but you never know Wink

A couple of months ago when I returned to my FC (which I park at the train station some days) my number plate was almost busted off. Some pr!ck had decided to jump on my number plate, bending it and almost snapping it off. At first I though it was a F@rd nutter or some skate board riders.

Someone else suggested someone was trying to nick my original plates – I doubt it though. It was also suggested they might have wanted the metal club badge – the bracket of which is the only thing that saved my number plate etc – also highly unlikely... who would nick a club badge?

Maybe it was the number plate frame they were after... Certainly wasn't NOS, but it has a couple more dents in it now :-/

I still reckon it was just someone being bored and stupid, but you never know..... interesting auction though! I like how the seller called it "the Holy grail item". Unbelievable price!!

Cheers
Les....

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2004, 11:42:26 AM »

More money than sense.
I had a brand new pair that I fitted to my blue and white FC. Still have the Nasco packet they came in. If I could find the plate frames, I might be able to find the car. Yes they were stolen along with the FC.
FWIW, I paid $20 at a swap for 'em.
Regards
Alex

doug

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2004, 09:55:39 AM »

Oh well, something else to keep an eye out for at the swap meets........
Cool Cool Wink Wink
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: