FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:40:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 4hammers Ebay clean out. NASCO goodies.  (Read 9542 times)
Emu

Emu's Ashes pic - Aussies 5-0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2004, 02:17:56 AM »

hey Rob,

Ta.
Sound advice.
Yeah I guess I normally follow that rough idea. I threw out my best bid on the mirror in the last few minutes and watched it go sailing on buy.

I wasn't able to actually be near a pewter at the end of the last one, so I threw out the bid early and went out. Came home and found an "Outbid Notice" in my inbox.

In retrospect, I think I was more disappointed than I thought, and that may indicate that I would've been prepared to pay more. So I should have bid higher before I went out.

Anyway, shite happens.

I'll put it down to experience and take the buggers down next time!!

Emu - Student of the "4 Hammers School of Ebay"
Jonno

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2004, 08:32:34 AM »

folks,

there's a book, just published, on how to get the most out of eBay, both as a buyer and a seller:

'eBay HACKS' by David. A. Karp (ISBN: 0 596 00564 4)

makes very interesting reading...there's even people out there who will do the 'sniping' for you, for a small fee (e.g. http://www.esnipe.com and several others) so you can sit back and let it all happen....

cheers, Jonno
Cool

Cottles Bridge, VIC
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2004, 09:24:23 AM »

Thanks al, that had a go. Don't worry, the money is going to a worthy cause. The Blown Copcar!!
Stay tuned.
Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
Spinner
nsw-club

Whitewalls - more than 'just' a way of life.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2004, 12:10:50 PM »

4hammers & Emu,

I 'snipe' for items that I really want.  I learned the isea from the people that I bought my daughter's FE from - through ebay.  They mentioned it when I telephoned them for details (read many photographs) of the car.  After I thought about it for a bit, 'sniping' makes sense.  Put an initial bid in or 'Watch this item' then strike.  To me, the sense comes from keeping the buying price down, you don't give people time to react and outbid you.  Of course, you do need to do what 4hammers says about working out what your bid will be.

Cheers

Spinner

(0414) 49-6706.  d5461 on Ebay.
normd

6 in a row , the way to "GO"

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2004, 01:04:34 PM »

Hey Guys
     Yea "sniping is the best on Ebay,   the other one at a normal auction , is a "shock bid"    , double the last guys bid , (as long as it's not over your budget) just before the Auctioneer drops the hammer.   Seen this done many times , the last business I was in before I left Sydney , was an "Auction Centre" in good old Blacktown , mainly liquidating Computer companies going bust , were lots in 1989-90.

Norm  Smiley

I Love My "FC" 192 . Old but still a "Rev Head"

R.I.P. Norm - A Great Mate to Everyone on the Forum.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: