FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:51:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: fitting a 149 red  (Read 3860 times)
fc_ute

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2002, 11:57:10 AM »

when fitting a red to the original gearbox what flywheel, clutch and starter should i use?Huh?
fc_ute

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2002, 10:29:40 AM »

i should just clarify that, shoul;d i use the grey motor flywheel, clutch and starter or the red motor one?
craiga
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2002, 09:42:03 PM »

The Poo Mobile has a red 149 fitted - red starter, red flywheel, red clutch. Otherwise completely stock including radiator (red fan removed and single front mounted thermo fitted) and brakes.

Cheers,

Craig.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2002, 05:32:35 AM by craiga » Logged
fc_ute

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2002, 11:26:14 AM »

thanks craig, i wasnt quite sure as i have only ever had greys but thought that i would repower the ute for the big trip across the country in november
craig c.
craiga
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2002, 07:27:19 PM »

FC_Ute,

149 is a good choice over here as registration is possible without engineering checks. You also do not need a braking upgrade, and the standard radiator works OK. I would guess its similar over there?

All you need to do really is to weld on the red mounts and it all bolts up, except for a couple of minor things like the engine pipe on the exhaust and the throttle linkage.

Make sure you get a 149 with an EH sump.

Doesn't go like a rocket ship but the extra torque and power is useful. The only drama I have had is when I broke 2nd gear synchro after an enthusiastic gear change.

Check this out www.eposode.com/fc_final/new_engine2.jpe

See you at the Nats.

Cheers,

Craig
fc_ute

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2002, 11:31:33 AM »

yeah same rules over here. we are coming over for johns rod and kustom picnic which is on the first weekend in november. should be our fc ute, 38 dodge original,27 T roadster pickup and a 34 sedaN delivery hotrod
craig
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: