FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 16, 2024, 10:39:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Wheel numbers  (Read 21026 times)
DJ
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2014, 02:50:26 PM »

Thanks Rob, I'll weigh up the options with the stage things are at.

Dave
0417 270 315
FC Dave

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2014, 07:57:02 AM »

Well, I have been watching this thread with interest & it seems I have made a blunder with my wheels. Cry . This must not be well known, as there are plenty of Torana rims advertised for early Holdens.These wheels were on an FE that I bought, the only difference being that it has different brake drums on the rear. They have a flat face around the stud holes and a lip or rib where they meet the backing plate & are much thicker. Are these HR? I already Have two 7 inch older style rims that I painted in adobe beige. (must have known something). So I would say my easiest option is to look out for two more 6 or 7 x13 wheels to fit my 205 tyres to, rather than re-inventing the wheel, so to speak. Thanks for all the info & thanks to Dave(DJ) for his time on the phone yesterday. Looks like there may be a set of adobe beige Tory rims for sale soon.  If anyone has two wheels, i would be interested, Dave.
DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2014, 11:09:31 AM »

Good to talk to you Dave. Mods to accommodate the later wheels certainly allow a wider choice in the combinations of rims & tyres currently available.
Having rims made up using the early centres may end up as costly, but can remove some of the mystery & complication (for me) to change front end components. I'd like to go 14 x 6 but fitting early centres to 14 inch rims may present another issue where a ring is needed to fill the gap - and such modification may not be approved for road use. Some places seem to be unaware of the unique early drum shape, or any problems that can arise using other rims, which is surprising when you read their spiel about their time & experience in the industry. Will try some more outlets today.

Dave
0417 270 315
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2014, 12:55:43 PM »

They use to make a 15'' steel outer rim that accepted the 14'' center don't know if they made 14'' to take a 13'' center  Huh Huh.....FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2014, 01:03:09 PM »

Volvo?
DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2014, 01:11:09 PM »

Would be ideal but nothing like that at the places I've contacted so far. Will ask about Volvo. Some suggest HK 14s for FE FC drum shape but the only drawback is you lose the option to fit hubcaps. Not sure if these will seat flat against the drum without being able to try it & see for sure. Any known problems?

Dave
0417 270 315
57effie

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2014, 01:32:46 PM »

They use to make a 15'' steel outer rim that accepted the 14'' center don't know if they made 14'' to take a 13'' center  Huh Huh.....FC427......

You could get them when I was a boy but they are elusive now.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: