FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:10:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: ebay question  (Read 13212 times)
black57

Model: FE

feratrod
View Profile
« on: July 13, 2012, 06:35:00 AM »

Hi guys,

Does anyone know who earlybitz1 is on eBay?

Pinky.

A car on the road is worth 2 in the shed...
FE Standard rat rod
MG Midget
1965 GSM Dart - ex race car
1948 Singer 9
2 1960s custom fiberglass race cars
And a couple of Cyclekarts underway
collecta
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 01:50:33 PM »

They have bought from me and my postal address to them was Early autos with a po box # a'beckett street rp melbourne 8006. thats all i have.
cheers
Scott

i collect old holdens coz they never die!
FC_NUT

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 12:31:52 AM »

I have brought a number of items off this dude in the past, has some good stuff.

But lately i've found his postage prices are way to high.

Apart from that good seller as i said has some good stuff.

cheers

Daimien,   

Carrum Victoria
black57

feratrod
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 08:05:00 AM »

I'm just finding that he seems to be monopolizing things a bit. Lost about 3 or 4 items lately because the price went really high, then I see this guy putting the same thing up a week later at 3 or 4 times the price. Huh We all like to make a dollar, but snapping everything up to resell and putting the price up to ridiculous amounts seems a bit unjust. It's obviously his business and that's life, etc but I'm just airing a point that's grinding on me. Undecided

Pinky.

FE Standard rat rod
MG Midget
1948 Singer 9
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 08:33:20 AM »

That's exactly what you need to do Pinky, I think anyway to highlight to the rest of us what he is doing... Hopefully he will get caught with some gear and think twice about his practices...

Phone +64 223509263
Stash
nsw-club

Sydney, NSW

johnchaplin
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 09:52:47 AM »

He has some good stuff, but prices and postage seem high. Some stuff has been on there for months, so his strategy is that someone will eventually buy it.
fink fc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 12:39:03 PM »

I have the same problem with Hookers,thats why i spend all my money on cars, Grin Grin Grin ;DGaz!
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 07:49:54 AM »

I'm just finding that he seems to be monopolizing things a bit. Lost about 3 or 4 items lately because the price went really high, then I see this guy putting the same thing up a week later at 3 or 4 times the price. Huh We all like to make a dollar, but snapping everything up to resell and putting the price up to ridiculous amounts seems a bit unjust. It's obviously his business and that's life, etc but I'm just airing a point that's grinding on me. Undecided

Pinky.
Seen that and annoyed me too. I refuse to buy from him

FC_NUT

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 09:32:20 PM »

Pinky

I was just being careful in what i was saying as you never now.

I totally agree his prices are way over the top, as the last time i purchased off him was about a year ago and have since noticed his prices on items and postage have gone through the ROOF.

I think if we could get some sort of better selling system going we wouldn't need thieves like this.

Cheers

Daimien,   

Carrum Victoria
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 07:11:05 PM »

The was a seller a couple of years back that was buying Smiths Clocks, Wilsonia guages and so one, once he had a good collection and had raised the prices he started to sell them at a highter profit.

Did not take a rocket scientist to see what he was upto, but ebay in thier wisdom have hidden buyer and bidders for all to see. Could this be the same seller or just someone with the stuff we all want ?

Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
fink fc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 09:06:26 AM »

We all wan't a bargain, but unfortunatly due to people paying big bucks for certain items prices have skyrocketed.With the Ebay postage thing,this guy obviously gives a price[ off the top of his head]It is a common practice.Iget guys all the time,how much to post here-how much to post there,so itake the item whether it's Big or Small to the p/o,i givem this guys p/code,they weigh it ''forgot to mention,i box or package it first''i then go home get on the laptop and give him a price,not anymore ido the same i givem a price and thats it,  9/10 don't bitch,youMUST state in your ebay add that this is your practise.Get a price off him before you bid,if you're not happy, don't bid.You must realise the seller does all the work,he finds that''hard to get'' item in the first place,then has to put up with all the bullshit,nobody likes paypal,i give guys my bank details,but oh! no!the pricks put it in paypal or do b/transfers[lazy fcuks]Remember what i said about the postage thing,most of those guys don't even bid there time-wasters.Not everyone has a P/O just around the corner either,so add up the Time,fuel,post-pak or box,stamps,b/wrap,then check your statement to make sure the moneys in so you can post it,if not, it's more time wasted,understand now what you go through just to satisfy a buyer who sits on his fat arse and pushes a button, Gaz! Tongue Tongue
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 11:04:19 AM »

V6 conversions just send it to you. Then you have to go to the post office and its COD....They didn't tell me that bit

collecta
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 11:12:37 AM »

COD hurts eh! Shocked

i collect old holdens coz they never die!
black57

feratrod
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 01:34:47 AM »

Most of you guys are getting what I tried to say, and thank you for backing me up, but I think a few are missing the point. I don't want to go into details, but the last item he won from me was at about 20 bids before I jumped on board, ended up at about 30 bids when it sold. Myself and anywhere up to 20+ people must have all though that $50 was about right. It sold for $51. A week later, the exact same item, and I know it was the same one by the fault the item had, was up for sale by this guy for $249 buy it now. There aren't that many of them around and when someone out there really needs one, it's going to sting. I just think that buying up everything you can so you can multiply the price by 4 or 5 times to make a ridiculous profit is wrong. And if it means you have to buy up the next 3 or more to stop anyone else getting them, at that sort of market you would break even or make a profit just by selling 1. You then have 3 more to make ridiculous money from. All well and good, but the problem I have with it, is that if you keep buying EVERYTHING just so you can jack the price up and screw everyone, it makes you an asshole, and is monopolising the market.

As for all the hard work sourcing these things, he is doing the same as many people, by sitting on HIS fat arse and pushing a button.
I never even mentioned postage. To me I trust that postage includes, packaging and a small handling fee. Anyone who expects the postage amount to be the 'actual postage amount' is naive. But you'd be even stupider not to ask. 2 reasons, 1 you need to budget for that in your purchase, and 2 if you don't get at least an approx price you are opening yourself up to getting shafted.

Maybe I'm a dickhead for not trying to profit from a hobby, but ask anyone who has bought, or received for free, any stuff from me. If it helps keep another car on the road they can just about have it for free. Like many guys, I've paid for a wreck, spent countless weekends pulling them apart, and then sold everything off for the sum of what I paid, without even trying to add in my labour and supply and demand.

If someone is making a living out of trolling eBay for bargains and putting the price up to resell, that's different and I get it, but why does it need to be 5 times the price, when all he is doing is sitting on his fat arse too, and paying for an item to come to his doorstep, then re-posting it?

Take a look at this guys on-line shop. He has a front K-frame, or front clip whatever you want to call it, with rust holes, for $1999, because it's 'super rare'. Please... I have 1 sitting behind my shed free to good home. And a hood with rust in the front of it for $499. I just sold 1 for $50 in the same condition, and still have a boot lid in the same condition also for sale for $50. It doesn't need to be that high a price. Why can't people be happy with even 100% profit instead of 400%.

Anyway, I've had my rant, I expect I'll get some kind of rap over the knuckles for being so blunt, but I won't respond to it. I won't be saying anymore on the matter. Appologies if my opinions offend anyone.

Pinky.

FE Standard rat rod
MG Midget
1948 Singer 9
DN2168
nsw-club

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW