FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:37:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Holden neighbours  (Read 3979 times)
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi All.
Now I worked out what the URL problem was, I am going to post some more shots. This is in front of my hoouse, with my next door neighbours FC wagon & the FB ute belonging to the guy who lives behind me (Around the corner). The lady with the Black EJ was not at home all day today, so I will post some shots with her car in a line up at a later date. These cars all live on one block.  There was another FC wagon around the other corner, but he has  moved.

Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 05:13:00 AM »

He probably moved cause he couldn't get a park, nice lineup, look forward to seeing the EJ
Gary
craiga
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 05:13:53 AM »

Rob,

I'M COMING OVER!!!

Just about to jump in Sydney Harbour to start swimming down. Be about 2 weeks.........................

Keep 'em coming!!!

Cheers,

Craig.

P.S FIND ME A BLUE EJ WAGON!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 05:17:28 AM by craiga » Logged
20.4_seconds

The ox is slow, but the earth is patient!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 05:18:46 AM »

Very nice Rob, how's everyones handbrake?...
Don't ya know your supposed to point your wheels into the kerb when facing downhill  Grin Grin Grin

Nick

All I  want for Christmas is a Smiths clock bracket and knurled knobs
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 05:37:18 AM »

Hi Guys.

Gary, yes, the EJ is a nice car & I was disappointed it wasn't home today. Usually sits in the garage for weeks on end Roll Eyes.

Craig, Mate, you're welcome, but I would advise you to climb on TAS at the top, because it is BLOODY cold down past 42 Degrees South this time of year.  Shocked Shocked
Consider me on the trail of a Blue EJ wagon for you. I actually know of a couple of wagons & a beautiful Blue Sedan. Again, in this neighbourhood.

Nick,
Each one of these cars has been serviced by an Old Holden dealer friend of mine (I have actually owned all of these cars at some stage :-/). He knows exactly how to adjust the handbrakes. The workshop manual actually describes it all wrong. He does it a different way & I can park any of these cars on a super steep hill, out of gear & be totally confident they won't roll off. Grin Grin Grin

Regards,
Rob J

4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 08:03:58 PM »

Hi All.
Here is the old Ladies EJ. Bit dusty & dirty I am sorry to say.
Better than it looks in these. Beautiful day here, but if you oook closely, you can see some snow on the mountain. MAGIC!!

By the way, the FB in the photos is actually for sale. He is doing some work on it (Interior & Tarp, maybe a floormat), then he is going to sell. I will post it on this site, as well aas the FB EK site when he is done.

Regards,
Rob J
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 12:32:27 AM by 4hammers » Logged

Motörhead

D-Generation X

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 11:49:14 AM »

Hey there Rob,

Great set of pictures....absolutely MAGNIFICENT!!! Both the yellow/blue FC wagon and the EH look totally shmick. Just awesome to see so many old Holdens alive and kicking within an immediate vicinity Cheesy.

However....nothing can match the sight of an original Karlsbad Black EJ Special sedan in original, unmolested condition Wink. Hats off to you Rob for photographing the EJ with such great scenery in the background.

Cool "EJ....the EDGE" Grin

Cheers ...... Pete

The Quiet One
The Cynical One
The Dark One
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2005, 11:46:27 AM »

Hi Pete.
Sorry about the slow reply. Been busy.
Yes, great to have these cars close by. Makes me happy! The wagon is actually BLACK & Yellow (Not blue, like it looks in the photo), but I tell you what, I reckon that would be a nice combo. The wagon is pretty good, but could do with more care than I give it at the moment. Sits in that comfy garage quite a bit of late, but the Summer is coming & I just bunged a set of whitewall "Flappers" on it & man does it look sweet.
Yes, the EJ is a bit of a rarity. She has already given me the original books, including the advert in the paper for the car & told me the entire story of getting it. Quite interesting.

Also, bugger me, if a VEREY good condition EJ Standard Wagon has moved in a couple of blocks away. Very nice car, venetians & straght as a die. Light blue, Craig, but still very, very cool!!

Thanks again for the compliments Smiley

Rob J

craiga
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2005, 07:55:52 PM »

Light blue with a white roof Rob?

Get a picture if you can, might be the one i'm looking for.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: