FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 16, 2024, 03:04:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 2006 Nats Commemorative Print  (Read 8824 times)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« on: May 24, 2006, 11:03:44 PM »

The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW have produced a new, limited edition Poster Print commemorating the recent Phillip Island Nationals.  The print is A2 size, and features panoramic images of the race track and Lang Lang, as well as images from the vehicle displays at Cowes and Wonthaggi, amongst others.  The background includes the official 11th Nats logo flanked by the post-presentation fireworks.  The lower half of the poster has images of all the Top 15 vehicles and of course the Grand Champions.

Available at the bargain price of $15 ea, unframed.

Postal orders will be shipped rolled in post-pak cylinders at an
additional cost of:
  $7 for 1 to 3 posters
  $10 for 4 to 7 posters
  $15 for 8 or 9 posters

A portion of the proceeds of the sale of these posters will be donated to the FE-FC Holden Car Club of South Australia towards the 12th Nationals. So support the Nationals cause and buy at least one.

Only limited numbers of these posters are available, so get in early to avoid disappointment. Your cheque should be made payable to the:

FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW

and posted to:

FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW
PO Box 609
PARRAMATTA NSW 2124

Alternatively, you can Direct Deposit into our account.  Send me a PM or email for the account details.

ATTENTION CLUBS
Place a bulk order (ten or more) and we’ll waive the postage cost and ship the posters flat (not rolled) to you, for your members to collect at a club meeting.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 11:23:32 PM »

:DAnother fantastic piece of memorabilia - WHAT A PHOTO!! -  Thanks for donating some of the proceeds to the next Nationals and yes I will definitely be getting a photo,  Cheers Hotlips
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 11:24:07 PM by kathleen » Logged

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
mcl1959
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 09:39:14 AM »

Wow great stuff RET.  Vic club will put an order together at our next meeting.   Should be a roaring success

Regards   Ken
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 12:34:44 AM »

Thanks Ken and Kathy, although I can't take the credit - our resident graphic design guru came through for us once again.

Les Hewitt (Hewart) put in a lot of time on this.  I lost track of how many times we (meaning I) fiddled with it: "now if we can just make this a little bigger and move that over there...".  And every morning, there'd be a fresh copy in my Inbox: "How's this grab you?"

So on behalf of the NSW Club I'd like to say a very big thank you to Les, and also to John Rap who did the running around to collect the artwork from Les, then get it printed and framed in time for Grey Pride.  Thanks also to Margaret Saul and Mal Owen for making sure the plaque made it there as well.

The NSW Club presented a framed and engraved copy of this to Tony (as the Victorian representative) at Grey Pride the other day.  If someone got a photo of the presentation maybe they could post it here (or email it to me and I will).

cheers
RET
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 12:37:23 AM by ret » Logged

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Hewart
nsw-club

Model: FC

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 03:45:01 AM »

No worries at all, happy to help out if I can... good fun Wink

Couldn't have done it without all of Richard's guidance and suggestions.... the original version looked a lot different to the final print and had a lot less photos in it!! We've tried to cover most aspects of what was a fantastic weekend!!! Getting the Top 15 cars included was a bonus (and a great idea RET) I reckon...

Thanks also must go to the many photographers who donated thier pics... Alex, Stinky, Richard, Craig, Cat and Alice...

Cheers
Les... Smiley

mcl1959
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 08:09:29 AM »

Did I say WOW?  What I really meant was that this is one of the MOST MAGNIFICENT POSTERS I HAVE EVER SEEN !!!!!!!

And no I wont stop SHOUTING Grin

The more I look at it I am knocked out by the incredible detail and effort that has gone into it.  The price is a bargain and I will definately be getting one through the Vic club.

Ken
NascoHunter
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 09:38:16 AM »

Yes l was at Grey Pride and was presented on behalf of Victoria club the 2006 Nats commemorative print. I was taken back and the print is awesome. Well done to everyone and the FE/FC NSW Club in putting these great memories together.
Cheers
  Tony  Smiley
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 12:08:58 AM »

Thanks Tony for sending me the pic of these two handsome characters Roll Eyes with the framed print.

cheers
RET

Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 03:41:01 AM »

Where are they are you talking about the print ?
old-blu
nsw-club

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 08:16:22 AM »

This Print is just as spectacular as the previous one !! I can see these becoming a collector sequence representing the highlights of each Nats. How fortunate we are to have the input of such clever people! These prints will have "pride of place" in my Holden Room. What a great piece of memorabilia. Cheers Old-Blu.

6th, may 1958 "I was there".
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 09:49:18 PM »

Wayne,

15 minutes of fame and you become a critic Wink

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: