FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:10:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: URGENT Q's for Tony and RobJ  (Read 2687 times)
spinach

chrome is better than plastic.

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2003, 08:24:40 PM »

Hey Guys.

Got 1 quick urgent question about those main cap strengtheners. Spacer measurements, on the measurements I got off tony, the spacer is 10.26mm. On the set I have from RobJ the spacer is just shy of 19mm. Now does this have to do with the length of the thread on the bolt? ie shorter thread to longer spacer?

cheers guys, much appreciated.

Luke.
spinach

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2003, 09:27:48 PM »

Hey Guys.

Can I please get your thoughts on this? I hate to ask but you guys are my only source, and I've pretty much got them ready to bolt on, but I'm just unsure about these bolts and spacers.

thanks heaps.

Luke.
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2003, 10:43:31 PM »

Hi Spin.
Sorry, Mate. I didn't see the initila post.

Best bet is to try them on the motor. Use the one that I sent up to you & if there is a problem, you may have to go with Tony's measurements. As far as I knew, they were all the same caps. Let me know how you go.
Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
FE_225

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2003, 09:51:17 AM »

Hey Spin
The spacer length isn't really important, as long as there is a bit of clearance between the cap and bridge bar. Personally I'd go for the shorter spacers. The important bit is the bolt length.
The new bolts going thru the bridge and spacers must penetrate the block to the same depth as the original bolts. ie: if the spacer, bridge bar and spring washer are 1 1/2 " thick, then you must add that length  to the length of the stock bolt so it goes into the block the same depth as the original setup.
I can measure up some stock bolts etc if you need the lengths for those.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Tony

Worried about fuel economy?....Then buy a push bike!
spinach

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2003, 09:50:37 PM »

Cheers guys as usual you've given me the answers I'm after, much appreciated once again.

Luke.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: