FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:42:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: holden protoype  (Read 17783 times)
john253a

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2012, 07:49:24 PM »

I worked at GMH and actually saw the GTR.X. It was out in what was called the grave yard out the back. There must have been more than one built as the one there was orange. It too had the Torana XU1 motor. Chrome rocker cover and balanced rotor button in the dissy. I know because i pocketed it. Brett

the motor or the car,
either would be worth it weight it gold

Good + Fast = Not Cheap
Cheap + Fast = Not Good
Good + Cheap = Not Fast
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2012, 10:09:40 PM »

Rotor button as it was revolutionary for a Holden in the day.
Brett
weddo
tas-club

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2012, 11:08:03 PM »

Nice but unusual style, bit of a cross between a corvette and a 240Z

regards

weddo
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2012, 11:12:39 PM »

There were lots of "specials" made over the years.
Looking forward to seeing what you have unearthed.

Regards
Alex

OldGMHolden
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2012, 09:36:20 AM »

Oh Alex, that IS something I've never seen before!

More info pleeaase!

It may be just what we're looking for, as it has a resemblance to the Merc Gullwing in some areas, and with FE/FC hubcaps (I think) it would likely have grey underpinnings.

Cheers,
Gaz
DN2168
nsw-club

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2012, 09:46:28 AM »

Very interesting looking at all these pics of "specials" Cool Cool Cool.

Gaz, they appear to be EH/EJ hubcaps.

Dean.
Iso007

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2012, 10:53:17 AM »

ok here is the latest update. just visited the owners son, i was a bit early, so dad wasnt there but he will call me when he gets home. So no viewing yet. i have my camera ready,  but that photo posted by customFC is pretty much how i remember the car looked like, so that may be it. although once again it is definitely of fibreglass construction and it had a circular enamal HOLDEN badge on the front whereas that cars badge seems almost oval shaped,also as it was stripped down when i crawled all over it all those years back, i cant compare the stainless steel fittings. Plus the houses in the background of your photo look very much like the pagewood houses just behind the old plant. getting closer, starting to hyperventilate.
regards
Ian
JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2012, 11:21:52 AM »

The number plate does say SA 63 which fit the hub caps...

Phone +64 223509263
OldGMHolden
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2012, 11:51:31 AM »

Very interesting looking at all these pics of "specials" Cool Cool Cool.

Gaz, they appear to be EH/EJ hubcaps.

Dean.

Yeah Dean, I had a closer look and you're dead right.
Back to the drawing board.
Gaz
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2012, 09:30:42 PM »

The Nevid special is based on FB/EK underpinings. I believe it to be steel and uses parts from 7 different cars.

Regards
Alex

waynos

patience grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2012, 09:40:34 PM »

alex you are the go to man when it comes to this sort of stuff
i am always in awe of your knowledge

The grinder is mightier than the sword.
waynos

patience grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2012, 09:45:22 PM »

was it a one off custom ?
looks great!
 everyone follows american customs but we had some unique ones too

waynos

patience grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2012, 09:48:28 PM »

was it a one off custom ?
looks great!
 everyone follows american customs but we had some unique ones too

and have
like yours for example!

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2012, 03:32:20 PM »

Rotor button as it was revolutionary for a Holden in the day.
Brett

A revolutionary rotor button? Bugger me.  Grin Grin

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
nascoman

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2012, 10:12:02 PM »

There were lots of "specials" made over the years.
Looking forward to seeing what you have unearthed.

Regards
Alex

hi guys ,  Smiley
a few years back around 20+??  i met a panel beater named "vince.....?" forgot his surname who had a panel beating  place in riverstone ..loftus st nsw , he had stored there a car very very simalar in design to the above car i  saw it for a while as my dads holden was gettin a full repaint  ,  anyway this car   was 2 door ,  metalic purple , pretty sure  it ran a grey with tripple carbs etc  i beleive he made it /restored it?? and in the 70's was a regular show car , then this car was still in great condition and vince? vowed he would never sell it , i remmember this car as i thought it was a merc coupe until he told me it wasnt but made up of heaps of other cars , also he was restoring a early yellow  jensen interceptor that was featured in restored cars mag??? (one of em mags) a few years after and his full name was mentioned....this panel beater has moved out of the area years ago ... , back then  i was in my early teens and this "bitza car" at the time didnt seem impotant , i wish i took sum pics of it ...but i hope this info helps  Wink
fink fc

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2012, 09:06:47 AM »

ok here is the latest update. just visited the owners son, i was a bit early, so dad wasnt there but he will call me when he gets home. So no viewing yet. i have my camera ready,  but that photo posted by customFC is pretty much how i remember the car looked like, so that may be it. although once again it is definitely of fibreglass construction and it had a circular enamal HOLDEN badge on the front whereas that cars badge seems almost oval shaped,also as it was stripped down when i crawled all over it all those years back, i cant compare the stainless steel fittings. Plus the houses in the background of your photo look very much like the pagewood houses just behind the old plant. getting closer, starting to hyperventilate.
regards
Ian
5 days and DADS still not home?Wots goin on buddy,giv'us an update or get me a ''cold spoon'',lol.  Gaz !
Iso007

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2012, 08:03:57 PM »

As a last post regarding this car, i have to admit i have gone about it all the wrong way. I should have tracked it down before mentioning it on any forums. Now i have been asked to put a lid on it as the owner does not wish to have the car publicised. The car is complete, and running and i believe it is even registered. I believe it is the same design as the photo that Alex posted, with the SA number plates.i also posted the same question of the fx/fj forum at the same time and if you go to their general board you will read that another member had supplied a diff centre to the same car and heard the same story, and was asked to keep all information about the cars whereabouts private. the owner isn't particularly a holden fan. He bought it more because he knew of the merits and value of the car. I have lay awake at night surmising exactly what value the car might have and just what i would do with it if i owned it myself. Alas it is not to be.
I am sorry to have got anyones hopes up... but maybe in the future i will photograph it.. who would know.
best regards to all
Ian
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2012, 09:50:54 PM »

Hi Ian,
We can appreciate he wants his privacy. Won't he send you some pics of the car for us to drool over?
Cheers,
Graham
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2012, 06:14:57 AM »

I believe it's a waste... Cars are made to be driven, even seldomly. I had never seen or heard of this car until your post, and never would have. Yep he wants privacy, but what's the other motivation??? If it's all about money then it's opportunity lost.
JB

Phone +64 223509263
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2012, 08:15:31 AM »

Appreciate your efforts Ian...

who has a camera with a long lens... we need pics.

How unlucky to have been scooped up by some reclusive hoarder.. I guess in years to come it will be enjoyed when the barn gets cracked open like a time capsule.

The bloke probably reckons that if it's hidden away, it's value will escalate...

Ed

in the shed
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: