FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:37:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: RTA gone (n.s.w.)  (Read 24447 times)
GM

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2011, 09:22:47 AM »

RTA has gone, soon to be roads and maritime services? Has anyone heard about this? And they are trying to get rid of modified cars? Hopefully this isn't true. Roads and maritime?? ................ maybe I'll put an evinrude in the van..........

Cheers Glenn

Upon the hill there stood a cow.
It must have moved, It's not there now.
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 06:05:04 PM »

Yep thats true we made a joke the other day that all the ski boats getting around will need an engineers certificate.

What a bloody joke.

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 08:08:55 PM »

It's just rationalisation of government departments. If it results in any job cuts I'll be surprised, frankly. These amalgamations are done with the best of intentions - looking for 'synergies' to reduce costs, duplication of effort etc. That side of it rarely results in very much: there might be some voluntary redundancies offered, for example.

Having said that, given the similarities: both vehicles and vessels must be registered, as must both vehicle drivers and vessel operators, it makes good sense to rationalise the permit systems. And the RTA system is far more advanced.

Just my 2c.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 09:05:07 PM »

If anything for the moment it might take their minds of the modified car seen.
our local engineer passed a hot rod the other day the owner had the plates on the counter when the phone rang do not rego that hot rod he said all rods are on hold no other details given.
engineer is chasing it up he doesnt know weather its all cars or just rods or if its cars he is passing.

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 09:15:45 PM »

If anything for the moment it might take their minds of the modified car seen.
our local engineer passed a hot rod the other day the owner had the plates on the counter when the phone rang do not rego that hot rod he said all rods are on hold no other details given.
engineer is chasing it up he doesnt know weather its all cars or just rods or if its cars he is passing.
My mate had the same thing happen to him he was about to pick up his plates when the RTA girl said it was on the bottom of his RTA paper work DO NOT REGISTER  Huh So he and his engineer have been at it with the RTA for over 6 months about registering his T roadster.. the head RTA inspector and two other RTA [Water Ways Cheesy Cheesy] inspectors and the engineer are all going to inspect the T on the 5th Dec and make a decision think they are using it as a test case .....FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 10:51:22 PM »

think they are using it as a test case .....FC427.....
That sucks.
That would be like going through a tax audit.
Regards
Alex

FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 05:33:56 AM »

I have a customer that comes in and his 34 ford pickup has been over the pitts at carrington twice and has been engineer approved twice and blue slipped god knows how many times and it still not registered.

He had a fight with head office its all from 1 bloke apparentlly  so now over 12 months later still no answers?

Im getting shaky allready worrying about my cars now.

GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 08:11:35 PM »

This will turn to mud, my 2c. Who has the biggest willy syndrome............

Upon the hill there stood a cow.
It must have moved, It's not there now.
zl296

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 09:23:50 PM »

spose it will spread aussie wide... Roll EyesHuh

die young and leave a good looking corpse...
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 10:45:58 PM »

lucky all my family live in SA Grin

thats why im getting the process started with their application process to modify a vehicle, i want the paper trail to start now in case they go stupid too!

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
87 velo
nsw-club

Sydney

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 06:51:06 PM »

I've been helping a guy with a Harley with after market frame, the engineer we were going to use, doesn't think he wants to part of it anymore (all recognised engineering signature had to reapply) he said he knew a lot of things that he has previously past have been called back for RTA inspection, they're making it hard for us again.
zl296

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 07:00:18 PM »

you need an R.W.C. for your kids billy cart soon... Tongue

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 09:15:28 PM »

so i wonder what the penalty is if you dont comply? it appears one can do drugs to the hilt but cannot have a hobby or be car enthusiast!

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
87 velo
nsw-club

Sydney

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 09:35:54 PM »

It's meant to be a free country, isn't that the idea, but don't own a gun, don't modify your car, don't fish without a license, don't go in a national park. We need to get organised and lobby these pollies, it has worked for plenty of other minorities greens gays etc. perhaps we could get other groups on board if we helped with there causes.  The 4w drivers  a had win against the pedestrian council with their bull bars because they got organised.

Most of us have other interests, maybe we should start raising these issues with other clubs and get a bit organised.
Off the soap box now
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 10:18:26 PM »

what can we burn...out undies.....or our bras  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Deano

zl296

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 11:29:28 PM »

dont forget they took the crackers off us too... Cry

newman

The older I get, the faster I was !!!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 08:18:12 AM »

Well looks like the days of hot grey motors with overworked drum brakes and kingpin frontends will be coming back into fashion, Wink

Wait a minute thats me Roll Eyes Roll Eyes grey motors have never been out of fashion in my shed Wink

Mick Cool
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 01:48:54 PM »

My mate had the same thing happen to him he was about to pick up his plates when the RTA girl said it was on the bottom of his RTA paper work DO NOT REGISTER  Huh So he and his engineer have been at it with the RTA for over 6 months about registering his T roadster.. the head RTA inspector and two other RTA [Water Ways Cheesy Cheesy] inspectors and the engineer are all going to inspect the T on the 5th Dec and make a decision think they are using it as a test case .....FC427.....

Mark,

How did your mate go with registration?  Im assuming full rego?

Cheers  Ed

in the shed
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011, 04:51:32 PM »

Mark,

How did your mate go with registration?  Im assuming full rego?

Cheers  Ed
Ed yes full rego they are meeting this Thursday at 2pm will let you know the outcome ....FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
fc2360

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 08:28:29 PM »

Ive slowed up on my build wondering which way to go (modified or grey) .But have been told new system should be ready by chrismas. with alist of new signataries.(which could be bigger).I hope what ive been told is true as it could make the system better.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: