FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:20:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: DRAGWAYS OR NOT??????  (Read 12595 times)
OldGas

Wild style

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2007, 09:55:36 PM »

OK sorry Jim I thought it may have been a customising programme.

"GAS"   I guzzle .
minifcvan
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2007, 12:50:53 AM »

OK sorry Jim I thought it may have been a customising programme.

he is one hell of a customising programme... for those who know him will agree with me...  Grin Grin
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 06:52:56 AM »

Grin Hey Tayz, nuthin wrong with the 80's. BF Goodrich Radial TA's with white lettering, Skoggs and Carlton Draught Tubes. Ah them were the days!!!! Grin Grin
TAYZ
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2007, 07:07:21 AM »

Dave, true true....   I must admit on my first registered car being a HZ I had dragway indies with the white letter radials, and i was quite proud of them too!!!!

tayz                                                          
Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2007, 07:16:08 AM »

Like these bad boys?, They look great i rekon(lol)
                           Cheers Rusty

Bogans rule
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2007, 07:26:19 AM »

Yeah, back then if you couldn't afford TA's you would buy a white marker and highlite whatever brand was on the tyres ( no korean stuff around then!!) Grin Cheers Dave
minifcvan
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2007, 05:13:13 AM »

Well guys a quick update. I put 215/50's on the back .I took it for its first real drive to Wagga then to Marrar then home about 130k's. I got down the street and had to kick the wifey out and made her drive her fb and i put 2 of my girls in the front cos it continually scraped on the back guard Angry Angry. After doing that it wasn't as bad but its not real practical kicking the missus out every time we want to go for a family drive( I KNOW ITS DEBATABLE Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed) so my options now are...

1. Put slimmer tyres on the back.
2. Punch out the back guard lip..
3. Put stocks back on (but ive grown to quite like the dragways and flappers)
4.Put some 6" white rims on with the flappers (but ive grown to quite like the dragways and flappers)
5.Did i mention that ive grown to like the dragways and flappers?? Grin Grin
Will make a choice this week and let you guy's know..heres a picture of our day

Cheers Mark
tommo65

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2007, 09:01:01 AM »

Hey Mark
            Just been watching the Junee Licorice factory on "Getaway" do you know what type of truck sits out front only caught a fleeting glimpse.

Cheers Tommo
minifcvan
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2007, 09:06:31 AM »

Sorry thommo ive never been there Huh Huh...i will check it out though..cheers mark
collecta
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2007, 10:58:38 AM »

I say do it your way, it all looks good. Just picked up a set of these rims also , they are fitted with 50 series tyres,like you Mark i hate tyre scrape so practicallity always wins. thats why i like my skinny tyres and flappers on my ute, no scrape.
As a sixteen year old growing up in Mt Gambier, we also called these five spokes, skoggs or splatts after the man himself,  any ideas as to where  the term skoggs came from.

cheers
Scott

i collect old holdens coz they never die!
minifcvan
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2007, 08:43:34 PM »

Iwent to wagga yesterday and got 205's put on the back of her.It only scrapes when ive got a full load in the back.Sorry scott i just call them dragways got no idea where that term came from but there will be someone on here who does.. Huh ???cheers mark
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: