FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:47:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE2104-2123-A. The missing piece.  (Read 14250 times)
cajerridoc
sa-club

Model: FE and FC

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2009, 05:55:08 PM »

Well, you have asked for photos, but as I don't have the car yet this is all I can show you as it is all I have seen! The add has a few errors in it but basically it is an FE van with windows and a fancy kit of some kind on the side. I believe it is a couple of shades of green with a white flash but that was over a week ago so don't quote me.

Robin

Here are some more numbers:

FE2104-2123-A
TRIM 6-683 (COMET BLUE)
PAINT 256-7449 (CABOT GREY)
RPO 333

The sticker says "I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden". I agree, I'd rather they pushed their Ford than drive MY Holdens!
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 08:13:04 PM »

Thats very close to our FE Van Robin, must have been pretty close on the production line, our numbers are FE 2104 2393 A   
Chassis 7 35297 S  same trim & paint numbers also. I would be interested to see your chassis #

Ours was described as a 2 door vannette, it has fixed rear glass, a strengthened underbody and Station Sedan badges on the rear quarter panels and no spare tyre door, looks just like an FE Wagon from the rear

I look forward to seeing the pics, as I am sure you are looking forward to landing it, that looks like a Detroit Flash kit

Cheers, Gary
cajerridoc
sa-club

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 11:12:40 AM »

Thanks for the information Gary. I just checked and mine is still sitting at the transport yard in NSW.

Robin

The sticker says "I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden". I agree, I'd rather they pushed their Ford than drive MY Holdens!
Geoff_K
nsw-club

The 2 BAY s

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 05:39:19 PM »

Gary. Have you checked recently to see if yours is still in the shed? There can't be that many FE Vanettes sitting in transport yards in NSW.
Geoff
cajerridoc
sa-club

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 07:42:14 PM »

STILL WAITING!

cajerridoc
sa-club

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 08:26:14 AM »

YOU GUESSED IT, STILL WAITING!

cajerridoc
sa-club

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 08:39:54 AM »

Sheriff found this link. At last a colour picture.

http://www.justauto.com.au/justcars/buy_and_sell/for_sale/ed0fd9c7-90d8-4886-94a1-968e7979650d

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2009, 09:55:53 AM »

Robin, it looks more like Ruset Brown over Cuban Beige than 2 greens. I'll be curious to know if it has a spare tyre door opening.

FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2009, 12:26:29 PM »

i have one of these sitting in my shed last time i looked
regards fatboy

fatboy
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 01:03:25 PM »

What are the numbers from yours Fatboy, Robins & ours are only 270 units apart going by the firewall plate
cajerridoc
sa-club

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 07:20:31 PM »

I did say not to quote me on the colours. I will take it what ever the colours are. It will just be good to get it home. The transport company said that they have 2 more waiting to be shipped from the same guy to various places.

Robin

cajerridoc
sa-club

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 06:17:20 PM »

I picked it up yesterday. Pictures coming.

Engine number is L401589 and chassis number 7-37589-M.

Decoder not working (Internal error) at the moment so I can't check the build date.

Robin

cajerridoc
sa-club

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 08:19:38 PM »

Finally some photos. The old girl has seen some tuff times. Plenty of work to be done on this one, but now I have completed the set.

Robin

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2010, 08:49:32 PM »

Good one Robin, maybe you should pick up that wagon quarter on ebay at the minute.
The build date is about 14 November 1957
I know where there is a wreck sedan with most of the LHS detroit kit still on it. Are you interested?

Ken
cajerridoc
sa-club

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 02:48:15 PM »

Thanks Ken.
I do have a wagon that I can get the left rear quarter panel from, in fact I thought I already had one cut out but it is the right side.

As for the Detroit Kit, I have picked one up that appears to be complete, but if I can get some bits to complete this one that would be even better.

Thanks Robin

GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 10:57:19 AM »

Nice find Robin, but it looks like a hell of alot of work to get this one back on the road.
 Good luck with it,
                          Cheers Scott
hrpremier

Model: other Holden

Jason

Jason Fewins
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 11:18:41 AM »

Those NASCO curtains in the back look like they could do with a good wash.  Tongue

Jase

I Have A Fever ............... And The Only Prescription ............... Is More Cowbell

http://gallery.oldholden.com/hrpremier/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: