FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:55:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Special Possible the best in OZ  (Read 12663 times)
FC_Driver
nsw-club

Model: FC

We Love our FC...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2008, 10:08:47 AM »

Best FC in Australia
WRONG WRONG WRONG
I have the best FC in Australia
Well to me it is...................
 Grin Grin
 Grin Grin

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2008, 08:08:58 PM »

Well Took a look at this car today with a price tag on the window of $17,000 sorry Ken no numbers the car was locked up and no sign of the owner all day ...... this car would be lucky to rate a 6 out of 10 and that is being generous  ill fitting panels,  poor repairs, average paint,poor chrome, floors replaced, interior say so, nothing special and at $17,000 more than $10,000 over priced in "MY'' VIEW  now you can crucify him for his statement ..Add should have read Average FC still goes and is registered ........FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2008, 09:20:01 PM »

Thanks FC 427, The guy sounds like the original ebay optimist - pump something up for sale, put a hefty price on it and hope you get a bunny. It has worked in the past and will work in the future. You've got to feel sorry for the buyer though Tongue

Ken
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 06:05:39 PM »

I got to see this car also and Mark's assessment of the car is fairly spot on.
I forgot you wanted the ##'s Ken....sorry! However based on the fact that the owner/painter did not even reproduce the paint style (early 58 style when the car originally would have had late 58 style) including painting the flash colour below the boot, I doubt they faithfully reproduced the colour. The painter was heavy handed with the gun, with extra parts copping a coat of paint and big runs under the bonnet.

Good luck to the seller finding a buyer, but I doubt it will be someone from the forum.
Regards
Alex

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 06:07:39 PM »

including painting the flash colour below the boot

Ooops, that should be body colour below the boot.
Regards
Alex

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2008, 06:55:37 PM »

I agree the colour may not be original, but I am still interested if anyone else gets a look at it. There were a very few FC's painted in a trial run of FB colours and India Ivory and Ice Green was one of the combinations. The colour on this car looks close to Ice Green so it just maybe one of the cars I would love to find.
I have located so far an India Ivory and Cape Ivory FC which was a prototype for the Yellow and White FB. So I know they do exist.

Regards  Ken
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2008, 08:35:39 PM »

I use to have an ICE GREEN FC 30 years ago will look for a photo .......FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
cajerridoc
sa-club

Model: FE and FC

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2008, 07:39:46 AM »

We all know it is not the best in Oz and as they said "possibly" they cannot be sent to the gallows for that, but to say "ABSOLUTLY IMMACULATE" and show a car with a missing kick panel and what looks like a hole in the dash surround, well that simply isn't Cricket!

Robin

The sticker says "I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden". I agree, I'd rather they pushed their Ford than drive MY Holdens!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: