FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 16, 2024, 01:24:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE towing set up 4 caravan  (Read 13482 times)
moetstockie

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 09:03:48 PM »

Well we bought one of those new shiny cars for the one I love. So the next drama is how are we going to tow the old van (FE blinking brake lights set up) with the new car. One sparky said he'd think about it but would probably have to add a blinker light...Huh?
My local guy looked at my van and looked at the new rice burner and said we can just swap a few wires in the van lights and add one wire back to the trailer plug. He got the van right but couldn't get the signals working. Turns out the local rice burner dealer had wired our trailer lights wrong from new.....the car was 2 weeks old at this time. The sparky after a bit of testing rectified the problem and low and behold I plug either car and the van lights work like a charm. For less than $200 my dramas were fixed. Cheers Moe`t
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: