FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:07:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mig Welding  (Read 16352 times)
JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2005, 04:32:26 AM »

With the gauges, can't you unscrew it from the regulater and then replace it.

Needed to do this in the phillipines last year with an aircraft we picked up... Try finding one over there!!!

Jason.

Phone +64 223509263
greyone

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2005, 08:04:11 AM »

my panel beater uses flux wire but being a fitter welder I told him I would weld the floor pans in myself using my mig bottled argon now I ,m having trouble getting my mig back since he welded my door skins and sills flux wire dont bother
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2006, 10:07:37 AM »

more hassles,
I have been using .6 without gas as I still havent gotten around to getting a regulator and bottle.
latest problem is the wire is melting to the tip about 9 times out of ten that I start to weld, and 9 times out of ten that it sticks the wire feed goes into a tangle.
thats why there is wire all over the front yard and half a roll over the weekend did half a patch.
being a plastic wire feed mechanism it has all gone out of shape and is now pretty hard to get to work properly, there are all sorts of things jammed in the to space things out and press on bits so the wire will actually feed through.

any one want to buy a mig, just under 12 months old, its a real ripper.
if not, does any one know why my mig has started doing this?

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2006, 01:13:59 PM »

try replacing your inner tube that wire goes through and also make sure your wire feed to the inner core is in a  straight line (stops wire kinking) another thing to be carefull about is the wire if its got a bit of surface rust (you would think thats ok)but isn't,its a prick to feed as it acts like glue almost for want of a better description.

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2006, 09:54:50 PM »

Hey Leon,

you could also try cleaning the contact tips or replacing them.

sounds like what you're experiencing is "backburn" where it literally follows the wire back up to the tip.

normally you can increase your feed to compensate, may just need to clean out the machine as Nicko suggests and replace the feed roller.  A plastic feed roller isnt much chop IMO, all mine have had metal rollers.

my previous MIG did this too, it would give this torch like green flame and fuse up.

higher end MIGs have back burn control settings.

HTH

Ed

in the shed
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2006, 11:42:38 AM »

It wasnt too hard to use up the last couple of rolls with it constantly jamming but I may have found the problem.
when I went to get new wire I couldnt find it due to new packaging, I asked for assistance and they showed me something looking different to what I usually get, they said that all the rolls had been getting returned becuase they were sticking due to a light film of rust, hence the new more protective packaging to stop the wire rusting on the shelf.
strangely it didnt click to me till I was using the new wire and realised the jamming up problem was totally eliminated with the new rolls wich are still only $9.95

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: