FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:08:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Old Kat Rebuild  (Read 69673 times)
TAYZ
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2006, 06:22:26 PM »

Night shift.......gotta love it.
Trimatic going in Thursday with shift kit installed in it.  Also picked up a promatic cable shifter that will be installed on topo of HQ floor tunnel, starting to get things finally moving.  Will get plenty of pics.... especiallyt of the trimatic conversion and of the gearstick conversion,

tayz
minifcvan
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2006, 09:56:25 PM »

yes you got to love shift work...... its looking good paul Grin Grin Grin..cheers mark
fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2006, 11:34:45 AM »

fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2006, 11:36:19 AM »

fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2006, 11:37:42 AM »

fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2006, 11:38:17 AM »

fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2006, 11:39:27 AM »

customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2006, 11:39:57 AM »

Crikey....that looks huge sitting in there.
Nice progress.
Thanks for the pics.
Regards
Alex

fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2006, 11:40:06 AM »

fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2006, 11:41:10 AM »

TAYZ
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2006, 08:54:47 AM »

Thanks for posting the pics jamie.  The gearbox went in nice and easy, actually too easy.  No stuffing around and it went in first go.  I got the adaptor kit from Rodger HANCOCK who has got the green EK with 57 Chev flash.  Next Tuesady I will weld in the tunnel and rear floor pan and fit up the shifter and rest of the gearbox, happy Dayssss.......... (I have also organised a set of tripple SU's)

tayz
weddo
tas-club

Model: FC

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2006, 11:58:27 AM »

Hi Tayz,
What sort of tripples have you got? When I recently built my grey motor I had a set of older style tripple
1 1/2 "SU's  with side fuel bowls, mounted on an original Lynx manifold, but had lots of trouble with them. I altered the manifold to fit later model High 38 SU's and  they are really sweet running, with very little need to tune them. Good luck with the rebuild. Smiley

regards  Weddo
TAYZ
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2006, 09:24:56 AM »

Have to get back to you on that one Weddo.  Today Col got the hump readfy to weld in and also the fllor pan.  Took allday but he got it ok.  he says its not worth doing unless its 100% right!!  I really do not know when it will get back on the road and Im not going to predict it.  But it definately will be different.  I reckon it shoukld be going, driveable in the next 2 weeks.  Then HOTROD will paint it in the new year.  My missus has had enough let me tell you, it turns into a bit of an obsession I think.

tayz
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2006, 12:43:27 AM »

it turns into a bit of an obsession I think.

Shite Tayz I LMAO, that must be the understatement for the year Tongue

I'm not obsessed, I'm just very involved Grin

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2006, 01:22:30 AM »

Hey Tayz,

The bug bites quick and hard, and there is no known cure....

They say the first project is the most difficult.. I don't really know as I haven't started a second.. still recovering, and the missus would never allow it.  Lips sealed

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
TAYZ
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2006, 09:16:43 AM »

Ed, this is not my first project Ive had a coiple but its been a long time between drinks and im not real handy (have to get others to do work!!)  Finally got the hump welded in today now just need to do floor pan next Tuesday which is good as I will start 5 weeks leave.  Im really hoping to get it ready for hanging rock but im not holding my breath.  As for pics...........  need FATs apprentice for a quick how to over his lunch break.

tayz
minifcvan
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2006, 09:30:11 AM »

hi paul.
first of i cant wait to see your car finished.
2nd mate if i can put pictures on you can..
just go to photobucket and read the instructions easy as.. and i know shit about computers..
cheers mark.. Grin Grin Grin
TAYZ
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2007, 09:00:33 AM »

Update (Im the bolt on king!)

Thanks heaps to harko, Harkos ol man and mark(Mini FC VAN) and of course HOTROD!!!!!!!!!

Got louvered bonnet, fixed left/right guards  all floor now fixed with pans, tailshaft in, shifter in and thanks to Rusty I have 4 new speco gauges in my speaker grill.  Bought some real nice chrome engine bits off ebay, oil filter timing cover.  I now have decided to take time and take a bit longer to get it back on the road and not rush things.  It is rego so Im not in a hurry.  had to get married over xmas break so things now are a bit behind.  Been given some what extra pressure at work(mind you im looking forward to it) so im going to sit back and enjoy the FC and not rush it.  Got some good pics and I promise I will post em up real soon.  Just paid out a lot of moola to get my bloody pc fixed.  I want a few FE Horn rings so someone please help me out as i have had my steering wheel restored, cheers and look forward to a good year and counting down Mount gambire 2008!!!!!!!!   Cheers

TAYZ
TAYZ
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2007, 08:31:49 AM »

Got it finally going today and Im 98% there with mecahanicals, just have to reconnect hand brake, vaccum to trimatic and speedo, then its done..........   next week back onto body to get ready for paint, hopefully that wont be too far away.
TAYZ
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2007, 11:37:30 AM »

First of all the pics are coming.......and so is xmas.  many thanks to HOTROD as he has fixed up and primed my whole bolt on front (guards/bonnet/etc) and they have come up a treat!!!!!  After much thought its going in to the spray shop Thursday for a bit of body work and a late 58 style coat of paint.  Original blue(main colour) with a white flash.  It will take about 8 weeks then when it comes back its put back  together time.  By then the grill will be done and i will have a host of other stuff to either go in it or on it.  New chrome dash , steering wheel etc etc.  Unfortunatly it wont be ready for Vic state titles in late April.  Im only building it to drive anyhow and i cant wait.  Pics coming soon...............
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: