FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 16, 2024, 08:11:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What are they worth  (Read 3092 times)
weddo
tas-club

Model: FC

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« on: October 05, 2009, 01:21:20 PM »

I have been offered some spares by a retired motor mechanic having a clean out and he asks for an all up lump sum.
NOS Crown Wheel and Pinion (standard), NOS fuel pump with glass, NOS Universal joints, NOS water pump
Reconditioned Head (no hardened valve seats) Reconditioned radiator, Vacumm wiper motors, and lots of other second hand bits and pieces.
What would be a fair price to offer?

Regards
Weddo
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 01:33:59 PM »

Probably the best rule of thumb is "what are they worth to you" as the buyer. If you feel that they are worth "X" and are happy to pay "X" then that's what they are worth.

There is no sense in offering an arm and a leg for parts that you may never use. I understand that parts are getting scarce and as such proably everyone hoards parts that "might come in handy one day".

Best to ask your self, what are they worth to me, am I going to use them, what do I need now, and what are the parts that I am going to need and use worth? Then you will have a fair idea of what you need and want and what is a fair price to offer, the rest if included is a bonus.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 04:36:03 PM »

Reco head & radiator alone should make this a pretty good pick up if you can get it for a reasonable amount - If he has no desire to do you a real favour, I would imagine a price around $400 for this lot as being fair. He could want more, he could want less, but maybe this would be a rough guide to start thinking around.

Hope this helps   Ken
weddo
tas-club

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 08:10:15 PM »

Have had a look at the crown wheel and pinion, can someone confirm if the numbers are correct
Crown wheel    7407396 LC  also engraved over what seems is white paint 98330 with a B stamp beside
Pinion             7408405 LC

thanks in anticipation

Regards

Weddo
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 09:28:01 PM »

Individual part numbers are not listed - the part numbers you have supplied are not even listed in the parts book. The part number in the book is 7406081 which is for a ring gear and pinion assembly
weddo
tas-club

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 12:45:54 PM »

Thanks mcl1959, that is the number on the box and both items are wrapped in the original grease paper with a card divider between them so I can anly assume they are original.

regards
Weddo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: